GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to use for interior on Mk7.5 Gti..

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Wrap all the piano black in PPF is the only way to keep it safe. The softest microfiber will scratch it.

I bought my 2018 used and between the original owner and myself the piano black trim is still in perfect condition. Unfortunately there are some scuffs here and there like on the bottom of the doors but those are easy to hide.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I bought my 2018 used and between the original owner and myself the piano black trim is still in perfect condition. Unfortunately there are some scuffs here and there like on the bottom of the doors but those are easy to hide.
So what do you use to keep it clean?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
So what do you use to keep it clean?

First I blow off all the dust with compressed air then I use a high quality MF cloth with Griot's Interior Cleaner. It seems to be one of the safest products you can use on just about everything. I also blow off the gauge cluster plastic but I'm afraid to physically touch it. I can see it has some light scratches when the sun hits it at the right angle. I think they are unavoidable.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
First I blow off all the dust with compressed air then I use a high quality MF cloth with Griot's Interior Cleaner. It seems to be one of the safest products you can use on just about everything. I also blow off the gauge cluster plastic but I'm afraid to physically touch it. I can see it has some light scratches when the sun hits it at the right angle. I think they are unavoidable.
Yeah this piano black is definitely going to be a challenge. My Mk7 didn't have it, it had the carbon fiber instead, which did swirl up eventually over time, but wasn't that noticeable to tell you the truth. The gauges on the other hand were an absolute mess.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Using an anti-static cleaner on the piano black garbage helps tremendously - takes longer than 15 minutes to attract a fresh layer of dust. I use Cockpit Premium and it does a pretty nice job.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Using an anti-static cleaner on the piano black garbage helps tremendously - takes longer than 15 minutes to attract a fresh layer of dust. I use Cockpit Premium and it does a pretty nice job.
Never heard of cockpit premium, thanks for the input!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Chemical guys innerclean also has antistatic properties. I recommend the baby poder scent if available

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wow never seen anything like that, wonder how well it works?:rolleyes:
It works prettt well honestly - for removing dust. I originally got it to help get into tight areas like the coin organizer by the 12v outlet and the airvents but if you are just wanting to safely remove as much dust as possible BEFORE wiping to a nice new finish with a MF towel and cleaner, thats your best way to avoid dragging dust over the surfaces and introducing swirls.

Seriously though if i had piano black i would just wrap it witg paint protection film then you literally will never have to worry lol

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I really never touch the piano black areas even by accident. The main thing I worry about is the screen but it seems to be holding up well so far. I also rarely have a passenger in my car, over the many years I've been driving the majority of interior blemishes my cars received were all from passengers lol

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I really never touch the piano black areas even by accident. The main thing I worry about is the screen but it seems to be holding up well so far. I also rarely have a passenger in my car, over the many years I've been driving the majority of interior blemishes my cars received were all from passengers lol
Did you ever consider one of those screen protectors for the radio?