GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I made illustrated pinouts for retrofitting my heated seats:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OerX1hnkSgAA9M7up-n40zLQ4DCdqjN4/view?usp=sharing

Note that the BCM-side pin assignments are the same for Aus but the seat side pin assignments (noted as connector T17) I show are for US cars only. In your case you won't need seat-side pinouts, since the harness kit is plug and play for rest of the world. The harness kit is not plug and play on US models.
I just printed these out from what you just sent cant get better than that. I am about to order the harness and your 100% confident the Ali express is the correct one yeah?

With the connection to the fuse box did I need extra piggy back connectors?

Do you think this link will help me at all?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/464025-vrs-heated-leather-seat-retrofit/#comment-5208464

Thanks

Matt

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
the Ali kit includes the wire to be inserted behind the fusebox. now, whether you'll be able to insert it or not, it's another story.

it's a bitch to deal with the fusebox, people give up and use the piggyback.

the Skoda forum can be a source of info for sure, cars are basically the same.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
the Ali kit includes the wire to be inserted behind the fusebox. now, whether you'll be able to insert it or not, it's another story.

Thanks to the discovery of another forum member here, you no longer have to piggy-pack with the fuse connection. The bottom two rows of fuses are not protected by the secondary lock-bars, so it's just a simple matter of guiding the connector in from behind until it clicks in place. This means you can't use the OEM fuse slot but who really cares? There are many unused slots including on those bottom two rows. The only important thing is to choose a fuse slot that's terminal 30 (constant +12V). I did this for my heated seats and now I'm happy as a clam!

I stole these two images from the person who discovered this, and I am reposting them here (apologies for not knowing whom to credit). Circled are the fuses that do not utilize secondary locking bars:

Fuse box front.jpg

Below are the three fuse circuits that the discoverer of this hack added -- note that two of these are terminal 30-- either of these will work for heated seats. I used slot #41. I followed the guide below and literally had the connector locked in place in 5 minutes.

Fuse box fuses added.jpg

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I just printed these out from what you just sent cant get better than that. I am about to order the harness and your 100% confident the Ali express is the correct one yeah?

With the connection to the fuse box did I need extra piggy back connectors?

Do you think this link will help me at all?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/464025-vrs-heated-leather-seat-retrofit/#comment-5208464

Thanks

Matt

As long as the Ali harness looks like the Kufatec one:

you should be fine. You'll have an easier job than I did. For me, I used this harness, but the black 10-pin connectors were changed in 2016 to red 17-pin connectors on US cars, and Kufatec was not aware of this change and therefore have not produced the appropriate harness. I had to remove the pins from the Kufatec connectors and re-map them to the appropriate slots on my car's 17-pin connectors. You can see the 5 pins that connect to the BCM. There is also a 6th wire one not shown, that's terminal 30 power from the fuse box to the BCM to supply power to the heated seats.

As for coding, if memory serves me you only need to change one line of coding in the BCM to activate the heated seats:

09 Central Electrics --> Seat heater level current consumption allocation --> Sitzheitzung CAN --> change from "not installed" to "Sitzheitzung bei BCM"

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Can I just connect the the climate control buttons now? It looks like a 30 sec job. I managed to clip off the trim and there is just a few clips?

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
yes you can, heated seats button won't do anything and the rest will work as usual.

there's a gazillion of different climate panel revisions, are you positive you have the correct one?

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
yes you can, heated seats button won't do anything and the rest will work as usual.

there's a gazillion of different climate panel revisions, are you positive you have the correct one?
I hope so cause it came out of the same car as I took the seats out of. Both 2014 Golf GTI's.

Once I connect do you know what I have to press on VCDS to initialise?

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
the wiring is made of separate pieces so maybe not all pictures always show the whole thing.

there is only one harness AFAIK so I would say it cannot be different.

did you copy coding and admap from the old Climatronic panel to the new one?

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
the wiring is made of separate pieces so maybe not all pictures always show the whole thing.

there is only one harness AFAIK so I would say it cannot be different.

did you copy coding and admap from the old Climatronic panel to the new one?
No i didnt do that however still working?
Would i still need to do that?

Thanks

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
YES YOU HAVE TO. coding/admap might be different even by little.

if there are identical it is mere luck, I would still double check.