GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sportwagen/Alltrack specific forum?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
There is a Facebook group....but that has the presence of a person who is no longer on here...& he's now really going for the "OEM Stock record" with a 2lt engine swap from a R & includes photos...

Funny thing.....in the photos of the engine he has blacked out the engine code details from the timing cover...may its actually a GTI engine?? ...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just been asking our favourite person if he bought the R front bumper to house the side coolers than the R has....

answer is "no" & didn't buy the double rad fans either...as "the stock R IC & GSW cooling is "adequate"..

hhmmmm..let me think on this...how long in Florida heat & his race car antics before it goes BOOOOOM???

& still didn't answer why he blacked out the engine code on the timing belt cover....

& note its a "daily driven"..& not a road racer??....let me think..which car was all the draggy stuff about???

Jack jones pict no1.jpg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
This gets better.....

So he's' got an "R" engine (supposedly) removed the "R" side coolers & just using a stock "R" IC..then tuning the engine to produce more power, & thinks the stock IC will cope....??

Ok I'll open a book now....odds for engine lasting more than 10 of his draggy runs before it goes boom???

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This gets better.....

So he's' got an "R" engine (supposedly) removed the "R" side coolers & just using a stock "R" IC..then tuning the engine to produce more power, & thinks the stock IC will cope....??

Ok I'll open a book now....odds for engine lasting more than 10 of his draggy runs before it goes boom???

Just hearing about that guy is bringing back nightmares. He's still up to his OEM stock bullshit.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just hearing about that guy is bringing back nightmares. He's still up to his OEM stock bullshit.

Just had a nice conversation On the Facebook page for the MK7 sportwagen about his "R" project....

Hes, got a DQ250 DSG (which was fitted to the R) & supposedly a EA888 R spec, but it could be GTI spec & fitting it to his 4motion...(you know his "bone stock daily driver")...to make an "R"....

He's keeping the stock "R" IC, & not fitting either the "R" DSG oil cooler, or the "R" engine oil cooler, these take up the lower two air scoops in the "R" bumper.....& hes going to be tuning to provide more power....

So reduce the engine oil & DSG oil cooling, to make the engine & gearbox hotter...then tune it & leave the stock IC which makes the intake temps hotter still.....

Melted pistons anybody????..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just had a nice conversation On the Facebook page for the MK7 sportwagen about his "R" project....

Hes, got a DQ250 DSG (which was fitted to the R) & supposedly a EA888 R spec, but it could be GTI spec & fitting it to his 4motion...(you know his "bone stock daily driver")...to make an "R"....

He's keeping the stock "R" IC, & not fitting either the "R" DSG oil cooler, or the "R" engine oil cooler, these take up the lower two air scoops in the "R" bumper.....& hes going to be tuning to provide more power....

So reduce the engine oil & DSG oil cooling, to make the engine & gearbox hotter...then tune it & leave the stock IC which makes the intake temps hotter still.....

Melted pistons anybody????..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How can he do that much and be so stupid?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Plenty of us with 350hp+ without any additional cooling and no issues.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Plenty of us with 350hp+ without any additional cooling and no issues.

yeah, but to take an "R" engine (300bhp) with the intention of tuning it further & removing the engine oil & DSG oil coolers???.....& run a stock "R" IC....plus live somewhere hot?

Not the best advice for tuning a reliable engine.

Look at it this way....if you rolled up to a tuning company in a stock "R" GSW & said I want more power, & they said sure no problems, we'll remove the factory engine oil cooler & the factory DSG oil cooler, & keep the stock IC, & then map it to make way more power than stock......I think I'd run a mile...

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
I don't drive a wagon, although I would buy one with the deals going on right now if it would fit in my garage... but I drive a Golf TDI S... thoughts on the torsion bar? I've seen it on sale a few times and keep telling myself to just get it. And away from the performance part, does it reduce ground clearance

It’s pretty cheap. Easy install. (Make sure you file the vw weld splatter) If you cant find it on sale, Neuspeed gave it to me tax free plus no shipping for picking it up in person. It sits about an inch lower at the brackets. My ares skid plate scrapes all the time but I’ve never hit the bar.
531CB628-592C-42DA-90F8-55AD0EF99225.jpeg