GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Added maxton design side skirts, just drilled them in, no glue. Removed oem mud guards. Also added a pic of the rear brace shop put on. Idn how i feel about the side skirts yet, them seem to stick out kinda far imo.

Attachments

• D1E536FA-ABCA-4328-B33D-EB4D7A10A9D7.jpeg
    D1E536FA-ABCA-4328-B33D-EB4D7A10A9D7.jpeg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 01E32602-C884-45FC-8156-A13B81FA9074.jpeg
    01E32602-C884-45FC-8156-A13B81FA9074.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Upgraded from the S3 short shifter to the Diesel Geek Sigma.

Not sure how I feel about it yet. Very notchy, and now that everything is tightened up it almost sounds like my knob is loose. 3rd to 2nd you have to be kind of aggressive with it, almost feels like rev hang. Might need a readjustment.

Swapped out the old plugs. ~12,000 miles still gapped at 0.024" with most of the mileage from the JB4 before going over to Cobb.

On top of my battery leaking acid, which VW does not want to warranty, I also found my ground strap cut up somehow.

Sigma shifter is pretty dope, it does break in and when adjusted properly, its great

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
fished out small pointy rock out of tire and replaced with a plug...we'll see if it lasts or I post up purchasing new set of tires. 28K on OEM Haancooks I would have gotten at least 1 more year out of them. It's near the corer where a pro won't put in a real patch.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
upped boost after removing snow grate and adding drop in filter. Mixing 3 gallons of E and running +5.0psi on the JB1. AFR looks great (slightly rich) during WOT via OBD11 so far. Hot AF down here.

*ordered wrong footwell LED's from DeAuto ... even though they were labeled as "2pc 6 LED Wafer Footwell set in Crisp White/Red/Blue fits: VW, Audi, all cars"
shame on me I guess

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
On top of my battery leaking acid, which VW does not want to warranty, I also found my ground strap cut up somehow.

under Capt Obvious....looks like that screw did it....battery loose/shifting around? I assume loose connector would cause engine cutout.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
under Capt Obvious....looks like that screw did it....battery loose/shifting around? I assume loose connector would cause engine cutout.
That's the rear most stud for the battery tray, it's actually lower than it looks in the picture. Once the tray and nut is applied there's just no thread left to cause that to happen. However, it's possible that the shop that did my clutch last either assembled things wrong or caught the stud when they were moving things out of the way.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
AFE drop in filter. Part throttle is a lot more sensitive. Easy driving fuel mileage might be up, will know in a week.

Did you remove the snow grate when you did the filter?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes. I'll reinstall it when I swap my snow tires over. I'm leery of not having it over the winter.

Do you think snow will get past your filter?