Drag Racing Champion
20200327_184933_Kevin edit.jpg

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Not ballin with advans, but these fit the bill nicely. At their price, if anything happens they're easily and affordable to replace.

Superspeed rr03 - 18x8.5, 18.1lbs each, flow formed and ball seated. The only thing that doesn't make these perfect is that they're hub bore is 66.6mm. So rings are required.

View attachment 169710

https://www.wheelwiz.ca/wheels/superspeed/rf03rr/matt-gunmetal/rf03rr-18085355112gm
You can get everything in gunmetal. https://www.wheelwiz.ca/wheels/supe...ilter/wheel_boltpattern-5x112/wheel_offset-45
Finish: Matt Gunmetal
Size: 18 x 8.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Offset: 45
Center Bore: 57.1

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Beats me about age of these but to the post before, but I doubt you can comfortably run a 235/40, 35 ET without ever rubbing.

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
Beats me about age of these but to the post before, but I doubt you can comfortably run a 235/40, 35 ET without ever rubbing.

Yeah, I think 35et is too aggressive if you have a drop of any amount.

As for the 57.1cb, looks like it’s also available in black or bronze, for both RF03rr and RF05rr styles. Nice and gives me something to consider...

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I'm going to try to run some 245/40's. The car is "lowered" on mss track springs and running 034 camber mounts in the front. I suspect the screw mod will be mandatory, but I'm not slamming the car by any means... I doubt I'll even get a 25mm drop in the front.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I almost did the same thing with the last wheels I bought, but for resale I ended up with the +45s. If you're much lower, have any caster adding front suspension components, run a fat tire, or don't like any poke in the rear, +35s are a harder sell.

Also, because of the rear subframe offset I've always run 5mm less on my passenger side, and a +35 will be a bit more obvious because of poke.

I completely understand the goal of +35s and no spacers, just some things to consider.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm going to try to run some 245/40's. The car is "lowered" on mss track springs and running 034 camber mounts in the front. I suspect the screw mod will be mandatory, but I'm not slamming the car by any means... I doubt I'll even get a 25mm drop in the front.
You probably won't even have to do the fender screw mod. I ran 245/40r18 with those same mounts and no rubbing ever. That was on coilovers at 25.25" fender to ground.

EDIT: Just realized you want to go ET35. That changes everything.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Are you lowered all the way down in the front & back? I've got Swift springs for the rear which are apparently better overall and give more adjustability than the track springs mss sells.