GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWs hate ATE Typ200 fluid

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
i switched to ate200 for track use 2-3 months ago and my brake pedal developed a squeak. This also happened when the weather started to get cold...Maybe it doesnt have the proper lubricants that others do.

I'll be flushing it out as soon as I get the time. I had thought the sound was coming from a pivot point inside the car. This thread makes more sense because I sprayed everything I could around the brake pedal parts with silicone lubricant and couldn't get rid of the noise..

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I've had it in my car for almost 2 years without issue.
Come fluid flush time I have no issue using it again.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've had it in my car for almost 2 years without issue.
Come fluid flush time I have no issue using it again.

Never had an issue with any of my previous cars, or on my MK6. I've always used the ATE Blue though. The new stuff isn't blue. I wonder if the formula change has anything to do with it.

GTI-CAL

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll be flushing it out as soon as I get the time. I had thought the sound was coming from a pivot point inside the car. This thread makes more sense because I sprayed everything I could around the brake pedal parts with silicone lubricant and couldn't get rid of the noise..
i checked at the pedal and the noise is behind the rubber boot unfortunately. I bought motul rbf600 that im going to put in soon and hope it solves the problem.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
i checked at the pedal and the noise is behind the rubber boot unfortunately. I bought motul rbf600 that im going to put in soon and hope it solves the problem.

Same here. Bought two bottles of RBF600. Lucky I have speed bleeders on my calipers, so this should be a breeze. Keep us posted.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Same here. Problem is completely gone after flushing the ATE200 out and replacing with RBF600.
ATE200 is a great fluid too... at a fantastic price. It never boiled on the track for me. What to do with my remaining bottle..lol

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
ATE200 is a great fluid too... at a fantastic price. It never boiled on the track for me. What to do with my remaining bottle..lol
Same. I have remaining. I'm going to have auzone dispose of it. Shame.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
FYI - Thousands of VW enthusiasts have used ATE blue and gold DOT 4 for years without issue. If your brake pedal is squeaking it has nothing to do with the brake fluid unless you have a leak and it's leaking on the brake pedal.

So I just had my brakes done, front and rear, rotors and pads and brake fluid (Motul) and literally this morning I noticed a slight squeak when I depress the clutch. I had assumed this was a pivot point that needs some lubrication. No?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So I just had my brakes done, front and rear, rotors and pads and brake fluid (Motul) and literally this morning I noticed a slight squeak when I depress the clutch. I had assumed this was a pivot point that needs some lubrication. No?

It's the brake pedal which was squeaking. Did you bleed the clutch pedal while the brakes were done?

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Don't know, I had VW do the brake job as my indy mechanic went AWOL...