GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering (IE) Stage 2 Issues

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
After a successful stage 1 and 2 flash a couple months ago on my 2019 GTI (MQB), i flashed back to stock for my first oil change. I've since been going back and forth w Damon (IE) for trying to flash back to stage 2 which hasn't been working. They thought there was something wrong w the tune tool, so they sent me another one. I tried again to flash to stage 2 w no success....only this time I can't flash back to stock. My car doesn't even start and i can't get in touch with anyone at IE. Buyers beware.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
has anyone else had any issues w IE tunes?

anotherwhitemk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
When you say “doesn’t start”, does it crank once and die? I flashed the IE stage 1 on my GLI and had this symptom and was instructed by IE to hold the start/stop button down and it will fire. I’ve also lost my normal cold start idle; but I’ve had good communication with Damon and he advised VW just release a revised firmware version and that IE’s team would be working to migrate that to their software and would let me know when it’s on their servers.

If email is delayed, try calling them, their staff is friendly and helpful.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
So normally after a successful flash (stock, stage 1 or 2), you have to manually hold down the start button to crank the engine. this is not the case. It won't start or even recognize the ECU on the software. dead in the water. I've tried contacting them several times and still haven't heard from him and no one answering the phone yesterday evening.

Last edited:

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
yes. had the battery charger going during all flashes. again, i successfully flashed it to stage a couple months ago. everything changed when i flashed back to stock.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you flashed back to stock for warranty purposes it was a waste of time. VW knows how many times the ECU has been flashed.

evilhomura89

Passed Driver's Ed
could it be that the "stock" ECU software in their servers differs from the actual "stock" software that came with your car?

anyway, i'm thinking if i should go ahead and purchase the stage 1 ecu tune (it's 15% off now till Monday 2nd Dec)

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
If you flashed back to stock for warranty purposes it was a waste of time. VW knows how many times the ECU has been flashed.
you're right, but it is up to the dealership to notify the manufacturer if they reveal that it is currently flashed when they get the car. It is their responsibility to notify the manufacturer ONLY if it is currently flashed (not at stock)....this was exactly what the service guy told me.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
could it be that the "stock" ECU software in their servers differs from the actual "stock" software that came with your car?

anyway, i'm thinking if i should go ahead and purchase the stage 1 ecu tune (it's 15% off now till Monday 2nd Dec)
You may be right. Thing is when i flashed to stage 1 AND 2, i NEVER had any issues, until i flashed back to stock. I wouldn't do it bro. they're having issues with their flashes.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
when you initially flash a tune, does the system make a backup of your current (stock) software? Not sure if this is procedure for all tuners, but typically you make a backup so that when you restore back to stock, it's the original file that came with the car.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
when you initially flash a tune, does the system make a backup of your current (stock) software? Not sure if this is procedure for all tuners, but typically you make a backup so that when you restore back to stock, it's the original file that came with the car.
negative. the IE software provides the tune back to stock. so again, i didn't have any issues flashing back to stock.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
you're right, but it is up to the dealership to notify the manufacturer if they reveal that it is currently flashed when they get the car. It is their responsibility to notify the manufacturer ONLY if it is currently flashed (not at stock)....this was exactly what the service guy told me.

The problem is when you take your car in for warranty work and they connect the ECU it tells VW how many times it has been flashed. The dealership doesn't notify VW. It sends the information to VW automatically.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
eh, i don't know about that. I haven't been notified that my warranty has been cancelled.