GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni Stage 2 Initial Impression

tigeo

Autocross Champion
ohhhh good point. I was kinda referring to a stage 1 with downpipe as you suspected.. but no tune whatsoever.. and super low boost? ya it should have been huge then. but uni does take a while to adjust up, and keep in mind its one of the milder tunes for sure. i have had 4 VW's with APR and 3 with Unitronic. I think I will give Cobb a try sometime in the future also.

Yes, he states it was stock w/DP. The Uni tune will be full-on the minute you start it - the notion of the ECU learning and taking a while is just rubbish. When I flashed my GSW with Uni's Stage 1+, you knew it the first push of the gas pedal. I think he may have already been Stage 1.

dmals

Passed Driver's Ed
When I went from stage 1+ to stage 2 it wasn't that huge of a difference in power, I then installed a Uni intercooler and now the car holds the power up top. I'm sure in your part of the country heat soak is real.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
When I went from stage 1+ to stage 2 it wasn't that huge of a difference in power, I then installed a Uni intercooler and now the car holds the power up top. I'm sure in your part of the country heat soak is real.

Exactly - the addition of a DP isn't going to be a massive of a gain from Stage 1 to 2 as stock to Stage 1.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Uni stage 2 is good, compared to 1+ it has better torque down low which you instantly feel.

The power is better up top as well, but you should really look into upgrading your IC. It made a very noticeable difference up top for me when I did that.

You can also pretty safely run a JB4 stack with Uni stage 2 for extra power.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
ya right... those numbers are pretty ridiculous. my car does not have that gain.

My gains were higher than that, but I wasn't tune-only either. I have several friends that can also vouch. Same car, similar mods (just different brands)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
there was another thing on here where the user flashed dsg tune and he had a 6mt, "it feels ok not alot of power" also stock clutch going to stg 2 wont hold long, plan to upgrade. I would revisit the tune you put in your car and make sure its the 6mt file and not dsg. as others said, if you went stock to stage 2, you will 100% feel the difference, car should be a rocket.

Martin398

Ready to race!
going from stage 1+ or even stage 1 (assuming because I bypassed stage 1 altogether) to state 2 I agree wouldn't be night and day, certainly noticeable, but there won't be a "wow" moment at all.
stock to tuned, even from stock to a jb4 let alone an actual ecu flash, there is no way OP wouldn't notice.

side note, I regret selling my jb4 when I bought my ecu tune because I shoulda kept it to stack on top of my Uni tune, and it's great for data logging. live and learn

can confirm zero "learning" time for the ECU after flashing uni. the power was there first pull.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Martin398

Ready to race!
there was another thing on here where the user flashed dsg tune and he had a 6mt, "it feels ok not alot of power" also stock clutch going to stg 2 wont hold long, plan to upgrade. I would revisit the tune you put in your car and make sure its the 6mt file and not dsg. as others said, if you went stock to stage 2, you will 100% feel the difference, car should be a rocket.
maybe this. and also sound advice. clutch won't survive long

Cesco_93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S M/T
Appreciate all of the comments guys. To clarify I have never flashed to stage 1. I bypassed stage 1. So I'm not sure why I'm not feeling the difference. Maybe I'll just blame the stock clutch and 91 octane fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Appreciate all of the comments guys. To clarify I have never flashed to stage 1. I bypassed stage 1. So I'm not sure why I'm not feeling the difference. Maybe I'll just blame the stock clutch and 91 octane fuel.

You definitely need to look into that. That's a problem

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

you could run 87 octane (dont do this) but you would feel a huge huge difference. check the file / report back. clutch will hold the power its not that, over time clutch will slip, but the power would still be there. no worries, trial and error it happens

tigeo

Autocross Champion
lol ok man... :)

I flashed my car and it was tuned the minute I started it. It didn't take 100 miles or whatever crap I've read. Sure, some minor bits may settle in but that's not going to take long and it's not like you won't think you car has a tune until a few days later.

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
How's loud and obnoxious is the crackle? Asking out of curiosity, I flashed stage 2 without the crackle.

I put the crackle tune on about a week ago. Granted I have an aftermarket turboback, but the crackles weren't loud to me, just enough sound when letting off the gas to make me giggle a little. It is definitely more noticeable with the windows down, however its still nothing compared to the dsg farts between 2-3, those things are gun shots.

Martin398

Ready to race!
You definitely need to look into that. That's a problem
agreed. double check you flashed the right file. if you've paid your money you should get to enjoy what you've purchased. if that checks out open a support ticket with Unitronic on their website. they're customer service was prompt and helpful when I needed it.

beyond 3000 rpm with any more than 60-70% throttle you should notice. by 4500rpms on 2nd, 3rd, or 4th with your foot down it should feel like a rocket ship compared to stock.