GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash lit up like Xmas tree AGAIN

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Have you made any changes to the car? I noted "incorrect component installed" for your ABS sensors....
I did find this adaptation in my history but I can't for the life of me remember what it was for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Codes were gone last evening and back on this morning.

Have an appointment to take it to the dealer Thursday. Will update when I hear something

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Vorne Au hinten Weh

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope the dealer will be able to troubleshoot this for you. Errors with the steering gangle sensor or the ABS sensor(s) may shut off safety features as the input of these sensors is critical for the proper functioning of so many safety-related software modules.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
DId a little more digging on the forum ,seems like others have had the same issue and the culprit ending up being ABS or wheel speed sensors

Dropping the car off at the dealer tonight. They already gave me the "if the car currently isn't throwing codes there might not be anything we can do about it" line.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
We had the same problem with the TSI. It was intermittent at first. It turns out the 9.5 wide rear wheel cut through the ABS sensor wire. Unfortunately we only realized it after swapping out the sensor.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
£677 later and my car is back from Volkswagen.

As others have said, the culprit was the speed sensor.
It’s gonna be a tight month from now onwards but I’m glad to have cruise & park assist among other things all working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
£677 later and my car is back from Volkswagen.

As others have said, the culprit was the speed sensor.
It’s gonna be a tight month from now onwards but I’m glad to have cruise & park assist among other things all working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch. Thats a tough pill to swallow. Glad mines still under warranty. I'm just waiting for the issue to re-manifest so I can bring it back into my dealer. It's bound to happen any day now. I hope to be able to bring it in right away before the codes clear themselves again

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Wheel bearing seems unrelated.

I was informed that part of the wheel bearing assembly has magnetic ring bonded to it and being ferrous it rusts and starts to break away. I can only assume that the magnetic ring works in connection with the speed sensor.

Either that or the dealership I've used for the last 10 years fancied ripping me off as there was no indication that the wheel bearing was FUBAR (noise/play).

Who knows, I'm still sat here with a s**t eating grin on my face knowing that all of my 'toys' work again. :D

Ouch. Thats a tough pill to swallow. Glad mines still under warranty. I'm just waiting for the issue to re-manifest so I can bring it back into my dealer. It's bound to happen any day now. I hope to be able to bring it in right away before the codes clear themselves again

Good luck; hope you get it sorted.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I was informed that part of the wheel bearing assembly has magnetic ring bonded to it and being ferrous it rusts and starts to break away. I can only assume that the magnetic ring works in connection with the speed sensor.

Either that or the dealership I've used for the last 10 years fancied ripping me off as there was no indication that the wheel bearing was FUBAR (noise/play).

Who knows, I'm still sat here with a s**t eating grin on my face knowing that all of my 'toys' work again. :D

Good luck; hope you get it sorted.

Happened again to me this morning, coupled with the car refusing to shut off when I got to my office. Took 10 minutes before the engine would shut off. Waiting to call the dealer when they open. Hopefully they can get me in and all the codes remain on by the time I get there so they can';t give me any more excuses

Every single time it's happened to me has been the morning after really bad rain storms. 5 for 5. It can't be a coincidence at this point. Heavy rain must be penetrating something and causing a short or rust, which makes sense considering what your dealer said with the magnetic ring rusting.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Day 3 in the shop :(

The only update I've gotten was they "think" it might be a faulty Adaptive cruise module. But they want to diagnose further. I tried to point them in the direction of the wheel bearing/speed sensor, but they didn't seem too impressed about what I read on the MK7 forum ha ha

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
I suppose the only blessing is that you're still under warranty. I wouldn't be having them 'thinking' it's something and billing me for the pleasure.

Keep pushing!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Wheel bearing seems unrelated.

Since 2000 VAG & others have been introducing combined units...eg the hub, bearing & ASB reluctor ring are now one unit, & NOT separate items....

If the magnetic rubber ABS reluctor ring gets a dead spot, then whole new unit...

If the bearing gets the slightest amount of side to side play it will cause the gap between the ABS speed sensor & the reluctor ring to fluctuate causing bad readings...& again that's & whole new unit...

Reasons to not put strain on the bearing unit..so keep those wheels "in" & lightweight....:cool: