GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered a new golf r

Bartman

Hi guys

Ive just joined. I’ve Ordered a brand new golf r but the waiting time is about 18 weeks! I was well impressed when I took one on a test drive, I can’t wait that long for it to come ?

Bartman

I think so yeah. I got offers in from about 5 dealerships and then got them batting off against each other. Luckily, my local one came back the cheapest so I went with them.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats. Most of my cars have been factory orders and the wait kills, but its always worth it.

Werent you able to find your spec in dealer lots. There isnt much options in R except spectrum colors.

Bartman

They couldn’t find one anywhere in the county. There were some close to my spec but not quite right so I ordered. If I’m spending that sort of money then it’s got to be right. I agree the wait will be worth it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think so yeah. I got offers in from about 5 dealerships and then got them batting off against each other. Luckily, my local one came back the cheapest so I went with them.

Apparently there's some collusion going on in Phoenix because every dealer charges full sticker and don't allow test drives.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Congratulations, nothing like a brand new car. I loved my A8 4.0 when I bought it in 2013. Still have it, still digging it. Bought my 2017 Alltrack used with low miles as a project car. It’s been fun, like a poor mans R......with more room! Have fun!

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
What’s this ultra rare spec?

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
Apparently there's some collusion going on in Phoenix because every dealer charges full sticker and don't allow test drives.

Pretty much most dealers dont allow test drives on the Rs. Apparently they get too many that just wanted to take them for a spin. Mine said the rule was you had to do a finance application first and then they would take you out.

Bartman

What’s this ultra rare spec?

It’s not an ultra rare spec, there’s just not any new ones floating around in the UK with what I wanted.
Lapiz blue
19” black prets
DCC
Dynaudio
Black mirrors
90% tint.

I liked the look of the exhaust upgrade but couldn’t justify the £3000 extra cost. As for test drives, it’s pretty easy to get them here. I had a drive in a mark 7 and 7.5. The new one seemed a lot better drive with the 7 gear DSG as oppose to the older 6 gear version. One dealer even let me do launch control but the other said it was a big no no to try it in their car.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Pretty much most dealers dont allow test drives on the Rs. Apparently they get too many that just wanted to take them for a spin. Mine said the rule was you had to do a finance application first and then they would take you out.

I can understand trying to prevent joyriders, but no test drive = no sale. I am definitely not filling out any financial forms until after a test drive and a deal is agree upon. Either go to another dealer or don’t buy one.