GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BabblingBafoon’s 2019 US Golf R Mk7.5 Build

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
How much of a pain was this to install? I'm thinking about it, but it'd be on the standby list waiting on funds and I believe a boost tap (possibly a Boomba).

It really wasn’t bad at all. There are videos on YouTube on how to take everything apart. It maybe took me 30 mins tops, and I was taking my time to make sure I didn’t break anything badly. I did break 1 or 2 of the vent face clips, but not bad enough that they still work.

I think they are actually on sale right now at all the stores (it’s a P3 sale, so everywhere). I tried to get a refund on the difference, but P3 wouldn’t allow it. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
How's the finish on tire stickers? Used a Tire Marker on mine, ended up pretty great for the price but always wondered if stickers would be strong enought to endure track heat :O

They are real rubber, so shouldn’t ever turn color. So far they are great, but I haven’t tracked the car.

Research TredWear.com, which is what I went with. I see there are more kinds out there, but I was sold on TredWear. Plus, they can do custom stuff, like they did the R Logo for me (I gave them the svg vector file for it). And I didn’t see anyone else doing different colors like TredWear.

I’ve gotten tons of compliments on it.

P.S. - These are not “stickers”, they come with adhesive that creates a melted rubber weld, so they are permanent until the tread of the tire is low enough to replace the tire.

Last edited:

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
Seibon Carbon Fiber hood arrived today! Got it installed pretty quick, but I need to go to a body shop and see if they have some ideas on how to fix the gap spacing. It is perfect on the driver side, but the passenger side is off by maybe 1/16” (1.5mm).

Really happy that the naked carbon fiber is such a close match to my factory paint, so I’m leaving it CF and will ceramic coat it for UV protection.

Here are some shots:

I really wanted to put in the hood pins, but will see if a body shop can help get the gap spacing perfect before drilling holes in the hood. Hoping someone can help me tomorrow so I can finish it off.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
It really wasn’t bad at all. There are videos on YouTube on how to take everything apart. It maybe took me 30 mins tops, and I was taking my time to make sure I didn’t break anything badly. I did break 1 or 2 of the vent face clips, but not bad enough that they still work.

I think they are actually on sale right now at all the stores (it’s a P3 sale, so everywhere). I tried to get a refund on the difference, but P3 wouldn’t allow it. [emoji20]

Thanks. Shiny on the sale. I'll take a look but wife is already grumpy about my RSB. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Seibon Carbon Fiber hood arrived today! Got it installed pretty quick, but I need to go to a body shop and see if they have some ideas on how to fix the gap spacing. It is perfect on the driver side, but the passenger side is off by maybe 1/16” (1.5mm).

Really happy that the naked carbon fiber is such a close match to my factory paint, so I’m leaving it CF and will ceramic coat it for UV protection.

Here are some shots:

I really wanted to put in the hood pins, but will see if a body shop can help get the gap spacing perfect before drilling holes in the hood. Hoping someone can help me tomorrow so I can finish it off.

You might want to consider wrapping it with Xpel or Suntek and then Ceramic Coat it so it’s better protected against road elements [emoji16]

Are the scoops fully functional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tsi7

Ready to race!

Here are some shots:

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
You might want to consider wrapping it with Xpel or Suntek and then Ceramic Coat it so it’s better protected against road elements [emoji16]

Are the scoops fully functional?

There are rain trays that are removable, so yes, can be fully functional. I am leaving the rain trays in place for now. Would remove while tracking (1/4 mile or racetrack). Simple phillips head screws.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
I had high hopes as.well. the foam tire letting riced it out and the hood just adds to that now. I'll join you in the solitude.

The lettering is rubber, not foam.

It looks like a bunch of people on here need to figure out how to unsubscribe from my build thread so they can stop being disappointed with my build. I don’t want you all to have to “subjected” to looking at it.

I’ve stopped posting to the “What did you do today...” thread for this very reason. Apparently there is only a small group of people who enjoy this kind of style on this forum.

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
The lettering is rubber, not foam.

It looks like a bunch of people on here need to figure out how to unsubscribe from my build thread so they can stop being disappointed with my build. I don’t want you all to have to “subjected” to looking at it.

I’ve stopped posting to the “What did you do today...” thread for this very reason. Apparently there is only a small group of people who enjoy this kind of style on this forum.

OP you’re doing a great job, I like these threads, I won’t like everything you do but it’s nice to see a fellow enthusiast enjoy his build and it also gives us some ideas on what and how things look, keep the posts coming [emoji16]

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
OP you’re doing a great job, I like these threads, I won’t like everything you do but it’s nice to see a fellow enthusiast enjoy his build and it also gives us some ideas on what and how things look, keep the posts coming [emoji16]

Thanks! That actually means a lot. It still blows my mind at how much negativity people share… I just don’t get it. Why say anything at all?? I surely don’t when I don’t agree with or like something someone does. Just move on. LOL