GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe with a JB4?

Dkyacht

Passed Driver's Ed
Intercooler upgrade, catted downpipe, and Jb4 are the basic starter pack for mk7.

Throw in a dog bone insert, RSB, and better tires and you’ll have a completely transformed car (and probably the urge to do more haha)
Ok, have the upgraded tires and JB4. Could you please provide some links to the spacer I need to buy along with anything else I "need"?

Dave

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok, have the upgraded tires and JB4. Could you please provide some links to the spacer I need to buy along with anything else I "need"?

Dave

Just do a search for the vibrant spacer. There's been several threads about it.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Intercooler upgrade, catted downpipe, and Jb4 are the basic starter pack for mk7.

Throw in a dog bone insert, RSB, and better tires and you’ll have a completely transformed car (and probably the urge to do more haha)

I have pretty much this -tires, to OP its well worth the money, i did cts catted dp, jb4 ran that for a while and it makes the car alot of fun. After a while i needed a clutch since added any more power to stock will cause clutch to go eventually. So if ur 6mt plan for that. If dsg do plan on intercooler upgrade you can get pretty much any one and it will help, there are better ones than others tho. But what jake said is right, dp, jb4, dogbone insert, tires, Intercooler, clutch if 6mt, tires. Is the best bang for your buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Dave

I’d be happy to make suggestions, but can’t do it here.

I have pretty much this -tires, to OP its well worth the money, i did cts catted dp, jb4 ran that for a while and it makes the car alot of fun. After a while i needed a clutch since added any more power to stock will cause clutch to go eventually. So if ur 6mt plan for that. If dsg do plan on intercooler upgrade you can get pretty much any one and it will help, there are better ones than others tho. But what jake said is right, dp, jb4, dogbone insert, tires, Intercooler, clutch if 6mt, tires. Is the best bang for your buck

BK is in the loop on this, as well as most seasoned members.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I’d be happy to make suggestions, but can’t do it here.

BK is in the loop on this, as well as most seasoned members.

Ya theres some guy on here who does fantastic work. He makes his own downpipe and mid pipe and fmic kit. Its really one of best products. I just installed his fmic kit. Google baun performance his fb page is where he sells stuff. Goes by the alias gti jake

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
I plan on running an apr downpipe with a jb4 as well. Does anyone know which spacer works best with the APR down pipe. Not fond of the idea of a CEL. Like the OP, I’d prefer to maintain my warranty right now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys that are hoping to retain your warranties planning on removing the downpipe/swapping the stock on back on every time you have to go to the dealer?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
I plan on running an apr downpipe with a jb4 as well. Does anyone know which spacer works best with the APR down pipe. Not fond of the idea of a CEL. Like the OP, I’d prefer to maintain my warranty right now.

Thanks in advance.

So I have the APR downpipe Vibrant J spacer with JB4 and am getting a check engine light. I am getting code P013800 any ideas? I am in the same boat as the OP and do not want to autoclear the codes via the JB4 in case there is an actual fault code not related to the downpipe.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
So I have the APR downpipe Vibrant J spacer with JB4 and am getting a check engine light. I am getting code P013800 any ideas? I am in the same boat as the OP and do not want to autoclear the codes via the JB4 in case there is an actual fault code not related to the downpipe.
Try a different spacer. The Vibrant J Spacer didn't work for me

I recommend the ''Mini-Cat'' spacer. Worked great when I only had the JB4 + DP.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
Wish I could help. In the end I went Eurodyne custom tune.