GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP: Can’t get VCDS to communicate with MIB 2 5f module after retrofit

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just finished installing the MIB2 retrofit kit from EuroZone Tuning and everything works great with the exception of my backup camera. I thought to myself, “no worries, I’ll go into VCDS and check the coding”.

Well, I can communicate with every other module except for the new 5f module. I’ve put it into the engineering test mode and enabled diagnostics on the next 10 boot ups, but still can’t get it to communicate with my VCDS machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I just finished installing the MIB2 retrofit kit from EuroZone Tuning and everything works great with the exception of my backup camera. I thought to myself, “no worries, I’ll go into VCDS and check the coding”.

Well, I can communicate with every other module except for the new 5f module. I’ve put it into the engineering test mode and enabled diagnostics on the next 10 boot ups, but still can’t get it to communicate with my VCDS machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Can other modules talk to it? Can it talk to other modules? Try to change the time in the head unit settings to see if it updates the time on your dash.

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
It can talk to other modules. I’ll try registering it to the Can bus.

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you try going into module 19 (Gateway) and registering the new 5F on the Can bus?

Once I’m in module 19, how do I register the new 5f to the can bus?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Once I’m in module 19, how do I register the new 5f to the can bus?

Not 100% sure, but for the Mk7.5 coding structure, there is this:

19 Gateway --> Adaptations --> Installation list, specified installations --> Information Control Unit 1 --> options are "coded" and "not coded"

I don't know if this is key or not. But in my car, in the installation list, all the modules that exist in my car are listed as "coded" while all the modules that I don't have are listed as "not coded".

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
So it still has one then?

There's no MIB to speak of. The interface resembles MIB, but it is not MIB. It's a single DIN radio with a double DIN screen built into the front of it.

I'm in the process of retrofitting a true MIB2 system in the glove box as I type this.

Look out for a thread/DIY/asking questions from me in the near future.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
There's no MIB to speak of. The interface resembles MIB, but it is not MIB. It's a single DIN radio with a double DIN screen built into the front of it.

I'm in the process of retrofitting a true MIB2 system in the glove box as I type this.

Look out for a thread/DIY/asking questions from me in the near future.

So.. which ID does the control module have in one of these radios?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
What version of VCDS cable are you using? I had an old Micro-Can VCDS cable and had to upgrade to the new HEX-V2 cable to access the 5F module in my 2018 Autobahn.