GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying 2016 GT TSi

robby1

Ready to race!
Well next weekend i'm picking up another GT ACT TSi (UK 150bhp 1400cc) in white with panoramic roof, 18" durran alloys. This will be the 2nd Golf GT i've had in MK7 form, had SEAT Leon FR, 2x Polo GTs, Audi A3 S-Line all with same engine which i find pretty good.

I'm looking to upgrade the looks without going full GTi lookalike but want to fit the genuine (if possible) GTi rear spoiler and sideskirts.

Question is does the rear spoiler bond to the car or is it fixed with bolts? if so i'm guessing the hatch will need drilling :(

The skirts (unpainted black textured) are from what i've seen are fixed onto metal strips which are fitted first by bolts - has anyone just bonded the skirts onto the sills without drilling?

Thanks

Patagonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Hasn't the GTI got a different hatch? I think this was discussed in the Clubsport thread - Standard & Clubsport share the same hatch - GTI doesn't.

emz_98

Passed Driver's Ed
Don’t think it will need screwing on. Think they use strong double sided tape sort of thing

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Yorkshire country huh mate? I love it there! A good mate of mine lives in Harrogate and I've had the please to cycle through many of the Yorkshire roads! Your car will be a blast to drive in Yorkshire country.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
different hatch has the GTI & R...it has a recess for the spoiler to sit in...

You can however fit the clubsport spoiler as that car has the same basic hatch as yours...

side skirts are a push/slide clip fit..too a row of bolts drilled/screwed into the sill...

robby1

Ready to race!
Yorkshire country huh mate? I love it there! A good mate of mine lives in Harrogate and I've had the please to cycle through many of the Yorkshire roads! Your car will be a blast to drive in Yorkshire country.

Must have been a long time ago when you visited as most of Yorkshires roads are covered in potholes and the councils just resurface them with loose chippings - very poor to drive on most of them :(

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Must have been a long time ago when you visited as most of Yorkshires roads are covered in potholes and the councils just resurface them with loose chippings - very poor to drive on most of them :(

Just last spring to be exact, roads were decent. You should see some of the roads here in New York!!! :D:D