GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Arteon in local dealership

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
This is a demonstrator model, and the dealership blacked out all the chrome, lowered the springs.
I looked at it today, and it has a very powerful presence.

Attachments

• art1.jpeg
    art1.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5,378
  • art2.jpeg
    art2.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,851
  • art3.jpeg
    art3.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,680
Last edited:

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
That looks pretty mean

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
looks nice. 268hp in the states. weighs over 3700lbs tho. this could have used the audi five cylinder or something a little beefier. Looks like a nice interior with the virtual cockpit as an option.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Definitely nice looking, not in love with those wheels though, but that's just personal taste.

Last edited:

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Kinda looks like Tesla rims. Actually, the whole car kinda looks like a Tesla.

Love the overall presence!

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
It does look a lot like a Tesla.

I bet sales are weak. Itll be a bit expensive and everyone is buying suvs and not sedans.

A lightly used awd version in 2 or 3 years might be a cool car to tune

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
This one looks sick.

Also this thread should have be in this section - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9.

Sorry, I will remember this for next time.

It does look a lot like a Tesla.

I bet sales are weak. Itll be a bit expensive and everyone is buying suvs and not sedans.

A lightly used awd version in 2 or 3 years might be a cool car to tune

They have not sold any yet.
I think this is a tough segment that VW are entering.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The car seems pretty nice. Unfortunately, "nice" probably will not cut it. The competition from affordable sedans like Camrys, Mazda 6s, Maximas, and Accords, as well as the very solid Kia/Hyundai offerings, will be hard to overcome with people shopping in this category. For people interested in more upscale cars, this doesn't have the allure of something like a Genesis G70 to lure people away from Audi or Lexus, either.

I'm just not sure what niche this actually fills. It seems like a solution in search of a problem.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Meh. I'm old but haven't grown up enough to settle into something like this. Said the same about the CC. Guess I'll be hoonin in the GTI for awhile longer.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I'm just not sure what niche this actually fills. It seems like a solution in search of a problem.

The same one the CC filled for a minute and then vacated. Should be 4 or 5 former CC owners out there that'll go for this one. I bet the TFT Virtual Cockpit has authentic cricket sounds. Oh wait, those are real :D.

Scroteboi

The car seems pretty nice. Unfortunately, "nice" probably will not cut it. The competition from affordable sedans like Camrys, Mazda 6s, Maximas, and Accords, as well as the very solid Kia/Hyundai offerings, will be hard to overcome with people shopping in this category. For people interested in more upscale cars, this doesn't have the allure of something like a Genesis G70 to lure people away from Audi or Lexus, either.

Yeah it is definitely in a weird space price wise between the A4 and A6 through the various trims. I wonder if internal research showed that vw customers were jumping brands when looking for a sedan and not stepping up to Audi and just wanted to start a new one since the CC sales are so abysmal.