GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded my '17 manual for an '18 DSG

Mjonesjr8

Passed Driver's Ed
traded my '17 R for the '18 R I wanted the DSG from the start and could not locate one close to me and then came across such a good deal on the manual a few months ago I went with it and loved it. Then last week my dealer called and said they had the new '18 DSG in and they made me a good enough offer I went ahead and made the swap since I only had 5 months not much invested in it and I really wanted the DSG and the digital cockpit might as well pay for what I really want. Funny thing is i went 3 days and ended up having to tell my wife i traded she had not even noticed and we had gone out to eat and to a movie in it. She hadn't even noticed i wasn't changing gears or the digital cockpit, women lol

anyway i do love it trying to take it easy and get it broke in, as another reason I wanted the auto not so much of a worry about adding more HP in the future as it would have been with the manual and the clutch.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
She didn't notice the new car smell, the perforated seats, or the much-improved touchscreen? Damn, that's hard to miss all that! Impressive.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Funny thing is i went 3 days and ended up having to tell my wife i traded she had not even noticed and we had gone out to eat and to a movie in it. She hadn't even noticed i wasn't changing gears or the digital cockpit

You missed your big opportunity: you could have mortgaged the house, bought a 911 Turbo, and she wouldn't have been any the wiser!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
You missed your big opportunity: you could have mortgaged the house, bought a 911 Turbo, and she wouldn't have been any the wiser!
Lmao this!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Sounds like the dealer took decent care of you in the switch. Quite cool. And your old machine strikes me as a great/smart/safe buy for the lucky soul who snatches it up.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats on you new R.

In that scenario, you can mod anything in and out of the R without being caught! Good luck for those stuff in the future.

only1harry

Ready to race!
Congrats and good luck with the new R! What color is your '18?

That happened with my wife too a couple of times. Now she wised up and checks everything. She has even asked me, "is this the same car or did get another one?" when the car was 3yrs old :) Every time I buy a new car she goes on a big shopping spree and spends my money. I am not sure how many pairs of shoes a person can own and wear only once, but it's a lot... take my word for it :)

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
Congrats and good luck with the new R! What color is your '18?

That happened with my wife too a couple of times. Now she wised up and checks everything. She has even asked me, "is this the same car or did get another one?" when the car was 3yrs old :) Every time I buy a new car she goes on a big shopping spree and spends my money. I am not sure how many pairs of shoes a person can own and wear only once, but it's a lot... take my word for it :)

Sounds like my wife with shoes. I traded my 17 R in for the 18 while she was waiting in my truck outside the dealership. I went in to check on my 17 R as it was being serviced. I forgot all about the fact that she was outside waiting while I did the swap. :) She was not impressed ..

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like my wife with shoes. I traded my 17 R in for the 18 while she was waiting in my truck outside the dealership. I went in to check on my 17 R as it was being serviced. I forgot all about the fact that she was outside waiting while I did the swap. :) She was not impressed ..

That must be one hell of a dinner you made/took her out to to smooth that over...

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I've been thinking of trading for a new KIA Stinger GT1......365 hp w/4 wheel drive. I have watched Randy Probst wheel it around a California race track and he seemed really impressed. Its quicker than a Porsche Panamera and 650i BMW and has better Brembo brakes......downside...$50,000.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
I've been thinking of trading for a new KIA Stinger GT1......365 hp w/4 wheel drive. I have watched Randy Probst wheel it around a California race track and he seemed really impressed. Its quicker than a Porsche Panamera and 650i BMW and has better Brembo brakes......downside...$50,000.

Wait and get a 2 year old one at half the price.

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!

Your 2017 R will holds its value way better than a KIA ... I think? Having said that the KIA is pretty impressive for its size.

only1harry

Ready to race!
Why not just do Stage 1 or 2 on the R? You can easily reach and exceed 365hp and blow the Kia away with a flash and just a downpipe and do 12 sec. in the 1/4. That Kia Stinger has to feel pretty heavy on the turns and going around the track.

Don't forget that Randy and many of these "Pro" drivers get paid $ to drive and review these cars. It's a job for him. When you get paid and want to keep getting called for more jobs, you cannot really give bad reviews. A big ass car like that can never compete with lighter sports cars in the fun factor. The M4 is probably at the weight limit of bigger & heavier sports cars, but also has 60 more HP and more torque. However, if you read all the reviews and road tests most testers say they like the smaller M2 better even though it's slower. That's because it's lighter which equals = more fun to drive. You can get a 3-year old M3/M4 (or M2) for half price too and you will like it much better than a Kia. Either one is going to be much more expensive to maintain than a Golf. And I am saying that about the Kia Stinger too because it was designed and built by a guy that left BMW, so I expect it to have the same over-engineering that BMW has, and break down as much. It's also 1st year out, so I would stay as far away from the Stinger as possible.

Harry