GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I'm very happy with it for daily duty and I don't feel that you have to work it too hard to get usable power. That said, if you're coming from a GTI with IS20 I'm sure lag will be noticeable as even guys going from IS20 to IS38 report increased lag.

Hmm, I need to try to test drive a R :cool:

Ive heard from other people that say that the IS38 still spools pretty good, with some people saying the 38 spools maybe like 200rpm later, I gotta get my clutch installed 1st before even thinking about getting a bigger turbo 1st though..

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, I need to try to test drive a R :cool:

Ive heard from other people that say that the IS38 still spools pretty good, with some people saying the 38 spools maybe like 200rpm later, I gotta get my clutch installed 1st before even thinking about getting a bigger turbo 1st though..

Don't rule out Mabotechs dual ball bearing turbo either - better spool, better components....but you will definetly pay more....but looks much better than boss 500 if you are in that money range.....m480

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Don't rule out Mabotechs dual ball bearing turbo either - better spool, better components....but you will definetly pay more....but looks much better than boss 500 if you are in that money range.....m480

I thought about the Mabo turbo but that is pricey! Plus where/how do you even buy the turbos?

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I thought about the Mabo turbo but that is pricey! Plus where/how do you even buy the turbos?

EQT thread dudes :cool:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Agreed... I'd go with Frank's turbo over the Boss 500 hands down. But that's a very different price range than our turbo offering. The ball bearing options would give you a bit better transient response compared to ours, but for most people the gains would not be worth the difference in price.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

I can get you set up with a Mabo turbo if you decide to go that route :)

-- Ed

Daument

Ready to race!
why is that?

Many talk crap on CTS here... I went with UM’s suggestion to use a full frame turbo and not a hybrid. Their comment was that they had good luck with Garrett turbos. My boss 6 has been flawless for quite some time putting down 472awhp on a conservative tune. Do as you wish and don’t listen to the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Many talk crap on CTS here... I went with UM’s suggestion to use a full frame turbo and not a hybrid. Their comment was that they had good luck with Garrett turbos. My boss 6 has been flawless for quite some time putting down 472awhp on a conservative tune. Do as you wish and don’t listen to the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

read my sig, no noise affects me.
i asked that question but really one of his answers should be because he and mabo seem to be hooked up

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
why is that?

Because everyone and their mother knows that CTS quality sucks. I would not put anything of theirs on my car beyond a dogbone insert, intake or intercooler pipes. Even their intake box rubbed almost all the way through my turbo outlet pipe. I always stayed away from them as much as possible and will continue to do so. Matter of fact I am going to get new intake and IC pipes fabbed up for my new turbo so I can take that junk out and put it on my wife's car. :eek:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Because everyone and their mother knows that CTS quality sucks. I would not put anything of theirs on my car beyond a dogbone insert, intake or intercooler pipes. Even their intake box rubbed almost all the way through my turbo outlet pipe. I always stayed away from them as much as possible and will continue to do so. Matter of fact I am going to get new intake and IC pipes fabbed up for my new turbo so I can take that junk out and put it on my wife's car. :eek:

fair enough, but i would , and did, work thru fitment issues before i'd run a no name chinese turbo on my car

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
fair enough, but i would , and did, work thru fitment issues before i'd run a no name chinese turbo on my car

I would be very cautious to put a no name turbo on my car as well and definitely no Chinese crap so I stayed away from VTT. Did not like Vargas reviews from BMW world or his condescending approach to prospective customers. I'm picky and basically have my mind set but like to stay on top of new releases, read the feedback and so on. I do know a couple people that have had issues with their Boss kits. I am glad yours has been solid so far.