GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aliexpress MK7.5 Tail Lights

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Just be wary of shipping. Usually the seller will request more money to post after paying whatever price is stated on the listing

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just be wary of shipping. Usually the seller will request more money to post after paying whatever price is stated on the listing

Well that’s a first, never had an issue with AliExpress asking for more money for shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pantsos

Ready to race!
I understand that but then you would need to consider the price of the adapters and coding.
Unfortunately there would be no one around here that would be able to help with that.

If the reps were decent quality plus plug and play it would be all the difference.

You're in Ireland no?

No need for harness. Coding yes.

pantsos

Ready to race!
I don’t really know, but simple thing to do is to buy from e-acca the tails and ask a VW dealership to do the coding for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Aren’t adapters required for all MK7.5 tail light retrofits, even if tails being replaced are MK7 LEDs? I believe the 7.5 plugs are different shapes.

If in doubt, just remove one of the outer tails and have a look. Takes 2 mins

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
If I could skip out on the harness, you would save quite abit.

I’ve taken a quick look but do you know is there any coding for use uk cars?

There should be plenty of retrofit shops in the UK that can code the tail lights for you. They should also be able to answer whether you'll need additional harness or adapters.

I've bought plenty of things from Aliexpress without any issues but those tail lights are similarly priced with the genuine OEM ones. I'd go OEM in this case.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Just to confirm I rang a local parts dealer in Northern Ireland and was quoted £688 including VAT for the 4 lights.

Try pricing out how much for just the coding (and install), and price out the lights from e-acca.com or cars245.com

If you don't need a harness i'd go OEM. Also will help if you want to sell the lights later on.