GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro Kit Springs or VW DG Springs?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Gogo and Clem...any pictures?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, this is a photo right after they were installed. I am glad I learnt about the TT spring pads otherwise I would have reverse rake (I'm a 6MT). Since the install they have settled a little bit and are lower than in this pic. I can get a better picture for you tomorrow.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Just an FYI about Eibach sportlines

In MOST applications, they're softer than stock.

I had them on a previous car, and they looked good, but man did they kinda suck lol.

Interestingly enough, the VW DG springs look like they're made by hiperco.

If that's the case, and you know what you want, you can call them up and have them make you a set of springs for a non-insane price. Obviously you have to wait a bit to get them, but hiperco kinda kicks ass. Also they cold wind their springs, so they never sag or wear out.

Last edited:

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
Clean, I have to say that height is exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to an updated picture of it settled.

Steddy, I'll have to look up Hyperco. I've never heard of them. I'm new to the spring world

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thank you Clem. I need to go shoot some photos of my car now for a side by side photo. Looks great by the way!
Thanks, I think it will look even better when I put in spacers and push wheels out a little bit.

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a Burger Motorsports flush kit waiting to be installed. I'm goin g in reverse order apparently. Lol

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks, I think it will look even better when I put in spacers and push wheels out a little bit.

I’ve had good luck with ECS spacers.

Had 15 front / 20 rear to start (flush kit). Thought it was a bit wide. Went down to 10 front / 15 rear.

And so, I have 2 lightly used 20mm spacers with bolts sitting in a box in the garage. Fire me a PM if you’re interested.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I’ve had good luck with ECS spacers.

Had 15 front / 20 rear to start (flush kit). Thought it was a bit wide. Went down to 10 front / 15 rear.

And so, I have 2 lightly used 20mm spacers with bolts sitting in a box in the garage. Fire me a PM if you’re interested.
Hey thanks for the offer, I currently have a set of ECS 10mm and 12.5mm spacers from my MK5 that I'm going to try out. If it doesn't look the way I want I may just want to take you up on those 20mm.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hey thanks for the offer, I currently have a set of ECS 10mm and 12.5mm spacers from my MK5 that I'm going to try out. If it doesn't look the way I want I may just want to take you up on those 20mm.

Sure. I agree, with the stock rims, you should be good to go with the ones you have.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

I would go flush. Looks soooo much better.

Gravy Jones

Been running Pro Kits on stock dampers since last summer. Mild drop. Just about dead level front/rear. Near stock ride quality. No issues what so ever.

Attachments

• 8002EFA1-F3D1-4F33-A8FE-4B07DF8718CA.jpeg
    8002EFA1-F3D1-4F33-A8FE-4B07DF8718CA.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,606