GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

DrTWAxeman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is $250 a good deal? Do they go much lower?
Yes. They went to $200 once, and a few ppl here, myself included, ordered one, but then they tried to upcharge $50 for "remote area shipping." I live in atlanta. So, yeah 250 is basically it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stump909

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. They went to $200 once, and a few ppl here, myself included, ordered one, but then they tried to upcharge $50 for "remote area shipping." I live in atlanta. So, yeah 250 is basically it

Ah, so maybe I should wait for the next 15% ebay. Where'd you have it installed in Atlanta?

DrTWAxeman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ah, so maybe I should wait for the next 15% ebay. Where'd you have it installed in Atlanta?
I cancelled the order and got a used Wagner instead. 250s a good price, but I dont like being misled. Probably gonna do it myself, but eurofed is a great shop if you need one.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I paid $299 shipped for one, which is still a great bargain. I don't understand why people are upset paying $300 for an intercooler that's worth three times as much. :(

DrTWAxeman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I paid $299 shipped for one, which is still a great bargain. I don't understand why people are upset paying $300 for an intercooler that's worth three times as much. :(
Ego and pride, mostly. Definitely not a rational response.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Your right makes no sense...

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Your right makes no sense...

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

It doesn't make any sense. I'm sure that I'll regret saying this but I've found that the people who keep holding out for a lower price tend to never end up doing anything. Generally speaking prices will be going up. If it was right before a time when sales will happen like black Friday I can understand waiting.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Are people buying just the Majesty/Magic branded one's or are any of the generic Chinese IC's (with the same specs) sufficient?

The ones ranging from $249 to $260 are different, at least visually. Not sure if anyone has ordered those.

The one mentioned in this thread is going for $278.90-279.90 right now.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Do you drop much max psi with such a large core?

I noticed a small drop in max PSI (1-2 PSI), but take that with a grain of salt. If you consider the fact that our MK7's are torque based for requested boost. I would say that the cooler charge air now allows the engine to operate much more efficiently and reaches it's requested torque values sooner than it would have with the OEM cooler.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I noticed a small drop in max PSI (1-2 PSI), but take that with a grain of salt. If you consider the fact that our MK7's are torque based for requested boost. I would say that the cooler charge air now allows the engine to operate much more efficiently and reaches it's requested torque values sooner than it would have with the OEM cooler.

I would expect it to be a bit lower, with an intercooler core so large. Of course, there’s the ability to now make up for that added pressure loss with LESS heat, while increasing power. Problem is, often times, the wastegate won’t hold the cracking pressure. Admittedly, I have a lot of experience with the k04, but not the IS turbo(s).

Stump909

Passed Driver's Ed
The ones ranging from $249 to $260 are different, at least visually. Not sure if anyone has ordered those.

The one mentioned in this thread is going for $278.90-279.90 right now.

Interesting. They list the same specs, but obviously that could just be the seller copying. What specific visual differences are you seeing?