GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Definitely helps in both of those scenarios. When I have my JB4 app up on the dash I can see my IAT plummet under even moderate boost. the IC benefit is real!! :D
Can someone clarify for me something. If an upgraded intercooler is for back to back runs, will it be helpful for spirited driving in the city in the summer time?

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Even in regular stop and go traffic you will notice a huge decrease in your IAT's. I am more than happy with the performance of this unit. Next Step will be a downpipe and a pro-tune to really squeeze out some additional ponies out of this little 4 banger :D

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Even in regular stop and go traffic you will notice a huge decrease in your IAT's. I am more than happy with the performance of this unit. Next Step will be a downpipe and a pro-tune to really squeeze out some additional ponies out of this little 4 banger :D

My IC arrived today, CObb tuner arrives Friday, GTI-Jake dp ordered today. sounds like we are thinking alike!

Lrlooly

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it. Perfect. Just wish I would have bought it with the 20% off on eBay. I emailed the seller and they stated the best they could do was $300 shipped. This California weather is going to start getting hot.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Ordered June 6 from au2parts2015. On my door step in MA today (6/13). $255 shipped with the 20% ebay discount.

No broken tabs or dents...in prefect shape.

Side pegs measure 30mm.

How did you check if yours is clean inside?
Hairdryer to push air thru.?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ordered June 6 from au2parts2015. On my door step in MA today (6/13). $255 shipped with the 20% ebay discount.

No broken tabs or dents...in prefect shape.

Side pegs measure 30mm.

How did you check if yours is clean inside?
Hairdryer to push air thru.?

Same here. Packed pretty good with zero damage. Same price using 20% coupon. Black unit with black hoses. Side pegs measured 25mm though. My f-in God this thing is heavy.

Used compressor and wrapped duct tape around the blow tip. Some flecks came out but not much to speak of. Found my weekend project.

Renck

Ready to race!
Same here. Packed pretty good with zero damage. Same price using 20% coupon. Black unit with black hoses. Side pegs measured 25mm though. My f-in God this thing is heavy.

Used compressor and wrapped duct tape around the blow tip. Some flecks came out but not much to speak of. Found my weekend project.

Do you mind to share the link (eBay)?

I did receive a response from au2parts2015 and the pegs at the IC they are selling measure 30mm.

Renck

Ready to race!

For anyone interested - this is the response I received from seller csk_performance on their intercooler:

"hi
Yes, it include as the picture
Intercooler (black color)
Silicone hoses
All hose clamps

The total length is 28mm , the silver color part is 17mm"

rsz_1csk_performance.jpg

Nappy216

Ready to race!
This thread is huge so sorry in advance if I missed this.

I understand the upper pegs need to be knocked down to 25mm.

Wondering if someone with the stock IC removed would be kind enough to measure the dimension shown in the attached pic. Don't want any surprises.

Attachments

• IC efghij.jpg
    IC efghij.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 804

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
All dimensions except "I" should be good fit. For "I" I took off 2mm of material as shown in the picture. "F" maybe a tight fit, but you run the risk of breaking the tabs if you try to bend them too much. Should be fine just working the condenser tabs into it with some pressure or tapping.

This thread is huge so sorry in advance if I missed this.

I understand the upper pegs need to be knocked down to 25mm.

Wondering if someone with the stock IC removed would be kind enough to measure the dimension shown in the attached pic. Don't want any surprises.

Attachments

• IC.jpg
    IC.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 766

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Just a heads up, make sure your cables are secure especially because everything is pushed back a bit with the bigger width of the intercooler. My coolant temp sensor wire ran into the belt and decided to mess both of them up. Looks like I’m doing a belt change next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Just a heads up, make sure your cables are secure especially because everything is pushed back a bit with the bigger width of the intercooler. My coolant temp sensor wire ran into the belt and decided to mess both of them up. Looks like I’m doing a belt change next week.

Has not been a problem for everyone else. Just snapped a shot of mine.