GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anybody heard from 5150 in the last week?

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
So I started my 5150 tune a few weeks back. We got off to a little bit of a slow start, mostly because I'm an idiot and sent him logs from a cobb ots map, not realizing he sent me a base map in the original email. Once I realized what was going on, I promptly loaded my 5150 base map, and took a datalog. I sent it over the next day, which was on 8/16 @ 5pm. I waited until 8/23 @ 3:30pm to send another email confirming that he got my datalog. I figured a week was enough time. I understand tuners get very busy and it can take a while, but now its been another 2 days since and I STILL haven't heard anything. Not trying to bash 5150 in any way, just making sure the ball hasn't been dropped here.

Last edited:

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So I started my 5150 tune a few weeks back. We got off to a little bit of a slow start, mostly because I'm an idiot and sent him logs from a cobb ots map, not realizing he sent me a base map in the original email. Once I realized what was going on, I promptly loaded my 5150 base map, and took a datalog. I sent it over the next day, which was on 8/16 @ 5pm. I waited until 8/23 @ 3:30pm to send another email confirming that he got my datalog. I figured a week was enough time. I understand tuners get very busy and it can take a while, but now its been another 2 days since and I STILL haven't heard anything. Not trying to bash 5150 in any way, just making sure the ball hasn't been dropped here.

Join the FB group and try to reach him from there. PM me I'll send it to you.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Just reply to the email again asking if he need any additional information. If you look at his FB page he even posted a message asking people to NOT contact him via facebook.

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
Just reply to the email again asking if he need any additional information. If you look at his FB page he even posted a message asking people to NOT contact him via facebook.

That's what I did 2 days ago and still havent heard from him. That's why I'm posting here.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
IDK about you guys but I go weeks at work without hearing from people via email. So I follow up, pretty much once a week, via email, so it's on record as me following up.

In my experience excessive communication rarely helps expedite the desired outcome.

I often misplace emails from others and don't remember anything about it till they request an update or follow-up.

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
IDK about you guys but I go weeks at work without hearing from people via email. So I follow up, pretty much once a week, via email, so it's on record as me following up.

In my experience excessive communication rarely helps expedite the desired outcome.

I often misplace emails from others and don't remember anything about it till they request an update or follow-up.
I requested an update 48 hours ago and haven't yeard anything. Email is the only method of contact I have, so idk where else to turn. I'm not blasting the guy like has been done in the past with other tuners, for slow communication. I just wanna know whats going on. The first few emails were about 3 days apart.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Requesting an update, does not get an update. (but will remind me)
First in first out for our maps / logs
I don't confirm receipt of logs.

Your situation is a bit different as you fucked up the process bit in the beginning lol (it's ok)

Don't worry, every base map is safe to hammer on. Updates are simply to dial in specifically for your car.

Join the fb group for updates!
5150 Racing vw etune group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5150VWGroup/

Last edited:

exentix

Passed Driver's Ed
Requesting an update, does not get an update. (but will remind me)
First in first out for our maps / logs
I don't confirm receipt of logs.

Your situation is a bit different as you fucked up the process bit in the beginning lol (it's ok)

Don't worry, every base map is safe to hammer on. Updates are simply to dial in specifically for your car.

Join the fb group for updates!
5150 Racing vw etune group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5150VWGroup/
I didn't figure just requesting one would get me anywhere, like I said, just wanted to make sure the ball wasn't dropped, or it may have gone unnoticed. Who knows, shit happens.

And I made sure to put right in my post that it was mostly because I was an idiot and totally overlooked the base map.

Looking forward to the revision! We can lock this up if needed.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Moral of the story is patience. Any good tuner should be busy. :).

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
I didn't figure just requesting one would get me anywhere, like I said, just wanted to make sure the ball wasn't dropped, or it may have gone unnoticed. Who knows, shit happens.

And I made sure to put right in my post that it was mostly because I was an idiot and totally overlooked the base map.

Looking forward to the revision! We can lock this up if needed.
:D
No problem buddy