GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Level Light, need help resetting it.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Liquid moly is not a VW approved oil, and it's obvious by the color. You can easily be denied engine warranty.

Hmm... been doing my VWs and Audis wrong for years now. Guess I shouldn't waste this weekend on all the cars.

IMG_20170708_210539.jpg

Deeznutz1

If it turns out to be a code that needs to be cleared that's awesome. The other possibility, if there's a hard fault for the thermal oil level sensor, is that the sensor died and needs to be replaced. Outside of those two things I don't know what else it could be.

I think the senor is fine since it is providing me with oil temperature?:confused:
I kind of don't want this incompetent dealership touching my car over this situation...I might have to though
warranty.:eek:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I think the senor is fine since it is providing me with oil temperature?:confused:
I kind of don't want this incompetent dealership touching my car over this situation...I might have to though
warranty.:eek:

Most sensors have two circuits, the temp circuit may be fine but the level sensor circuit may be bad. Also the Fed is the dumbest poster on the GolfMK7 forums and should be banned for his lies. In the old days he would be executed as a witch. If you can't tell I hate him and his bullshit, and wish he would off himself. Also waiting for him to ever acknowledge my insults against him. So far he just makes stupid comments that make no sense. He also talks about stuff he has no knowledge or experience with.

Deeznutz1

Bahh I got it going to the dealership in 10 days, last resort.
I unfortunately don't have anyone I know with obd 11 to reset it.
I also did not expect any trolls on this site, I mean I only have so much time to live I don't get their common sense.
People waste time as if it is expendable, theyre fucking insane .

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Liquid moly is not a VW approved oil

Hey everyone he’s right.
If it says “Liquid” with a “D” on the bottle do not use. It tastes terrible btw.
Liqui Moly is what you want.

adam1991

Banned
Liquid moly is not a VW approved oil, and it's obvious by the color. You can easily be denied engine warranty.

VW doesn't "approve" oils. VW sets their own specifications. If an oil meets the VW specifications, it is appropriate for the car.

Lots of Liqui Moly product meets the VW 502.00/503.00/504.00 specification.

Are you insinuating that Liqui Moly makes no oil that is appropriate for a VW?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You're about half a year too late on this one. Thanks for the update Deez nuts

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Update* It was the hood latch sensor sending out the same code, replaced the $30cad part and problem was fixed.

thanks
deeez what part is this??? oh where is it on the car? idk where the hood latch sensor is