GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to add some aggression to my white R

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
translux, you linked a pic of a Club Sport S with VW AG's unique side decal. I, too, like it. It's unique in the fact that it's just about the only decal you can add to a Mk 7 that doesn't look like something you'd find in Pep Boys.

Oh, and good luck finding a source for the factory stripe.

. . .
Your car looks great . . . I was thinking of a lower decal like the club sport.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
More aggressive R

Beaker, do you drive w/o your front plates? Has it been a problem in MD?

translux

Ready to race!
Op, Did you mean to say reduce "oversteer"?

Oops I meant understeer, thanks for the clarification. The car pushes pretty badly, need some rotation. This was one of the things I really liked about the little Fiesta ST and the Focus RS.

BTW any chance we'll we see performance haldex software to redistribute some additional power to the back wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Beaker, do you drive w/o your front plates? Has it been a problem in MD?
Yes I have been. Not a problem so far but I'm sure it will be at some point. If I go to OC I put it on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Oops I meant understeer, thanks for the clarification. The car pushes pretty badly, need some rotation. This was one of the things I really liked about the little Fiesta ST and the Focus RS.

BTW any chance we'll we see performance haldex software to redistribute some additional power to the back wheels?

Lift off oversteer is a technique that I use on back country roads, works great to help mitigate understeer. I adjusted xds settings to see if it helps but don't have much to say about the change yet.

translux

Ready to race!
Lift off oversteer is a technique that I use on back country roads, works great to help mitigate understeer. I adjusted xds settings to see if it helps but don't have much to say about the change yet.

I've not been brave enough to mess around with the XDS. Is this even possible on the R.

I'm familiar with the technique though not very good at it. I'm so use to rwd that it feels just plain wrong to lift.
For those who don't know a very young Chris Harris demonstrates. Audio has some issues but it's still another great CH moment

https://youtu.be/PBYSl3dD-UQ

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
I've not been brave enough to mess around with the XDS. Is this even possible on the R.

I'm familiar with the technique though not very good at it. I'm so use to rwd that it feels just plain wrong to lift.
For those who don't know a very young Chris Harris demonstrates. Audio has some issues but it's still another great CH moment

https://youtu.be/PBYSl3dD-UQ

Yes, you can change how aggressive the XDS works using VCDS or OBD11. I set mine to medium. LOOS is definitely something you need to practice but fun once you get the timing down. That video is what I watched to get a better understanding.

translux

Ready to race!
Yes, you can change how aggressive the XDS works using VCDS or OBD11. I set mine to medium. LOOS is definitely something you need to practice but fun once you get the timing down. That video is what I watched to get a better understanding.

Thanks for the info on the XDS, I assumed it was only for the fwd GTI.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Golf R still has open diffs, so can definitely benefit from some form of assistance in the corners

translux

Ready to race!

Lower the threshold of XDS activation should, in theory, increase brake temps under hard longer duration driving i.e. track day and also contribute to premature wear of brakes and tires.
True or am I missing something here?

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
Just behind the lower side intakes on the front bumper are two design indents that are painted white like the body color. They are for design only. Some R owners have used matte Black vinyl film to fill in this feature so it looks like a second intake. This would make the front end a little sportier looking especially on white. A race car look with more intakes.
How about vinyl wrapping the roof in a gloss Black or a sporty 4D carbon fiber look? Both small changes and easy to change back. They also protect paint.

Enjoy the car. You have a nice one with great wheels.

I see someone beat me to it.

Does anyone make a kit for these mods? I know any sign/wrap company "should be able to do them, but a pre made kit would be ideal.