GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Can I ask a question? Is it possible to fit the pre facelift mk7 LED tails to a facelift? Would a harness/coding be required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Can I ask a question? Is it possible to fit the pre facelift mk7 LED tails to a facelift? Would a harness/coding be required?

I would think it’s possible but you would need a harness and coding. Not sure if anyone has attempted that yet, and I highly doubt there are any harnesses currently out there that would do that. The connectors are different on the two sets of tails and in theory you would basically need the opposite of the harness we are all using for the facelift tails. Do you like the pre facelift tails better? I’m pretty sure the facelift ones are cheaper and look better IMO.

LFTMON

Ready to race!
I would think it’s possible but you would need a harness and coding. Not sure if anyone has attempted that yet, and I highly doubt there are any harnesses currently out there that would do that. The connectors are different on the two sets of tails and in theory you would basically need the opposite of the harness we are all using for the facelift tails. Do you like the pre facelift tails better? I’m pretty sure the facelift ones are cheaper and look better IMO.

I have 2 friends one with the new and one with the old. They want a swap.

acocozzo

So just for information purposes:

Order Details from cars245:
Order Date: July 19th
July 28th I emailed Cars245 because I didn't hear anything after the 7-10 day period and they sent an email right away saying it's being dispatched
Dispatched: July 28th
Arrived: August 2nd

Total Cost
Lights: $528 USD
Shipping: $53.18 USD
with conversion to CAD: $753.90
Duty: $44.43
GST: $36.40
Handling Fee: $9.95
Total CAD: $844.68
+ JBale's harness

And just another picture in the dark;)

Hey! My lights are being delivered Canada post tomorrow. Did your tracking online say whether or not duty and tax was required?

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine didn't, however when i picked them up at the post office there was duty charges owing

CPI

Duty and tax was paid when I picked it up at the Post Office.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
The physical install is about a 2. The coding will require VAGCOM cable and following instructions.

About to get mine JBale harness in the mail this week.
Does it come with the physical light install instructions?
Or is there an install guide on the forums somewhere?
Or is the ShopDap video the only one?

How is it in difficulty vs. the folding mirror install?

I'm trying not to let this get out of control time wise by not reviewing the installation guides beforehand like my folding mirror install. :rolleyes:

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
So question for folks in the US. How long did your tracking status showed "inbound into customs" before the status got updated for delivery?

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

I'm trying not to let this get out of control time wise by not reviewing the installation guides beforehand like my folding mirror install. :rolleyes:
All I did was watch the MK7 euro tail light YouTube video by DAP and the video by GolfRDad. Each of these is pretty sufficient in preparing you for the installation of the tail lights and routing of the harness. The specific harness wire pinning instructions are provided in the package by JBale, and they're very clear.

I haven't installed folding mirrors, though I can tell you that people seem to have taken about 2-4 hours looking at other posts. It took me 3-4 hours iirc.

Note: my experience so far has only been installing the JB4 without lifting my car (for the love of god, plug D was torture) and installing separate front and rear dash cams, so it's pretty limited, and I survived lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
So question for folks in the US. How long did your tracking status showed "inbound into customs" before the status got updated for delivery?

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Mine never had that status. Is that still in Latvia?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

Mirrors took me about 2.5 hours, the tails took me 4. I took my time and made sure everything was done correctly the first time. Only used DAP’s video for instructions but I also have watched multiple DIYs over the years so I had a pretty good idea what needed to be done. I think the mirrors are more tedious but the tails require more to be done. I was dripping with sweat after the mirrors but nothing after the tails, who knows haha