GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You are basing this on a guy that paid serious money for a Ford GT40 as a daily drive? Also he is incapable of using anything in a BMW unless it is the M-Division car. Remember he has had a Ford Focus for years as well.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Clarkson has always loved the GTI. He voted it as one the best car of the last hundred years from what I recall. He loved the Mk1 and hasn't said a bad thing about the Mk7. He owns the GTI he drove in the episode and has also had several loaner ones from VW including the R he lost and tweeted about last year.

The episode was pretty good. Makes me want a rhd GTI lol.

turboBear

Passed Driver's Ed
Clarkson has also chosen the mk7 GTI for at least one of their (mediterranean?) road tours where they had effective carte-blanche on choosing the perfect car for the job.

Apparently it's not just pub-runs, nuclear material transport, and drag racing that he likes about the car.

Attachments

• Clarkson-GTI-Nuke.jpg
    Clarkson-GTI-Nuke.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 3,928

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Has anyone caught the episode tonight of Clarkson's GTI vs. May's i3? Was entertaining.
Yes, it's definitely worth watching.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Why is this news? Clarkson owning a MK7 GTI has been published last year, it's not news anymore.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
likewise... the UP didnt interest me in the least... theres one car that can stay on that side of the pond

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
No real surprise here; before I bought mine, I read every review I could find, and almost every one of them said basically the same thing: "if we could only have one car, we'd have a GTI."

I'm not sure I've ever seen that sort of universal endorsement for any other car.

adam1991

Banned
No real surprise here; before I bought mine, I read every review I could find, and almost every one of them said basically the same thing: "if we could only have one car, we'd have a GTI."

I'm not sure I've ever seen that sort of universal endorsement for any other car.

Miata, for basically the same reasons--it's not the best at anything, but in its class, it's the right package of everything.

Loonster

Ready to race!
That's because the GTI is a great daily driver.