GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello everyone I need your help VW SS ACC error

Jon2

Ready to race!
The potential issue you may well face here is that the ACC is operated by the radar below the front number plate. Due to the exposed position of the radar it can, and does, get knocked out of alignment. If you've been using the car for over a week without any message showing on the dash that there is a problem, then the dealer is quite within their rights to question the issue. If the problem had manifested itself two streets away from the dealer on the day of purchase, then you would certainly be in a far stronger position to argue your case. There is no legal requirement for a dealer to provide a warranty, but it is certainly uncommon for a warranty not to be in place on a 3 year old car from a main dealer, whether VW or other. As mentioned in a previous reply, SEAT is part of Volkswagen Group, and the current Mk3 Leon is based on the Mk7 Golf, so uses the same radar technology, so the dealer really should have the equipment and relevant expertise to put your car right. The link below may be of use to you. Good luck.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights

wells332

As Chris 43 above said, take it back to BSM and explain that it is their responsibility to repair the car as they sold you the car, assuming they gave you a warranty. Don't lose your temper, just insist they sort your car out. As for a refunds i would give them a chance to effect a repair before demanding your money back. What I don't understand is why they want the car to go to Mansfield when there is a Vw dealer in Barnsley.

I am speaking to manager on Monday. Would prefer for her to be repaired closer to home. Let's see what happens on Monday

wells332

The potential issue you may well face here is that the ACC is operated by the radar below the front number plate. Due to the exposed position of the radar it can, and does, get knocked out of alignment. If you've been using the car for over a week without any message showing on the dash that there is a problem, then the dealer is quite within their rights to question the issue. If the problem had manifested itself two streets away from the dealer on the day of purchase, then you would certainly be in a far stronger position to argue your case. There is no legal requirement for a dealer to provide a warranty, but it is certainly uncommon for a warranty not to be in place on a 3 year old car from a main dealer, whether VW or other. As mentioned in a previous reply, SEAT is part of Volkswagen Group, and the current Mk3 Leon is based on the Mk7 Golf, so uses the same radar technology, so the dealer really should have the equipment and relevant expertise to put your car right. The link below may be of use to you. Good luck.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights

I got a motor assured warranty from Bristol street motors but unsure if it covers radar. Surely the radar shouldn't go after 3 years. She's only done 30k miles it shouldn't be faulty within 2 weeks of purchase. Will have to see what happens on Monday

wells332

Hello thanks to all for replying. I have been worried for a few days. And all your comments need have reassured me. The car is amazing. Haven't had the best start but hopefully once this episode of bad luck is over. I can finally start to enjoy this car. Will keep everyone updated. And thanks again for all your help

Jon2

Ready to race!
I got a motor assured warranty from Bristol street motors but unsure if it covers radar. Surely the radar shouldn't go after 3 years. She's only done 30k miles it shouldn't be faulty within 2 weeks of purchase. Will have to see what happens on Monday

Shouldn't be faulty in the sense of being broken and needing replacing, but it might have been knocked out of alignment and need realigning at a VW (or SEAT) dealer that has the equipment to do it. Costs around £300 if they wriggle out of doing it for free.

wells332

Shouldn't be faulty in the sense of being broken and needing replacing, but it might have been knocked out of alignment and need realigning at a VW (or SEAT) dealer that has the equipment to do it. Costs around £300 if they wriggle out of doing it for free.

But I've had the car for only 2 weeks. How many more times in the future will the radar need aligning? Il end up spending all my money on aligning radars. What's ur advice mate, is it worth getting my money back?

Jon2

Ready to race!
Are you aware of any impact to the front of the car in the short time you have owned it? Maybe whilst the car was parked and another car has knocked it during manoeuvring?

I've owned my 7 since April and the ACC has performed faultlessly so far, touch wood, and given how many 7s are on the roads, the system appears to be very robust, but clearly not perfect for everyone. I'm guessing you're just unlucky at the moment. Stick with it, get the car in to BSM so they can take a look, and see where that takes you. All the best.

wells332

Are you aware of any impact to the front of the car in the short time you have owned it? Maybe whilst the car was parked and another car has knocked it during manoeuvring?

I've owned my 7 since April and the ACC has performed faultlessly so far, touch wood, and given how many 7s are on the roads, the system appears to be very robust, but clearly not perfect for everyone. I'm guessing you're just unlucky at the moment. Stick with it, get the car in to BSM so they can take a look, and see where that takes you. All the best.

When I first got the car and tried ACC I was in awe. Then I rang a friend straight from the steering wheel. Then the car switched off when i stopped and started when i depressed the clutch. We live in amazing times. Sadly got this problem. I just hope they will cover it as I've only recently got it if they don't I'm guna lose my s**t.

There has been no impact whatsoever since I've owned it. That's why I'm baffled. If someone had knocked it then there would be damage on the bumper. I Always reverse my car out of the driveway. Just don't get why it's happened. Has this happened to u or do you know anyone with similar issues?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
VW Mansfield used to be, until quite recently, called VertuVW and is part of BSM.

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/find-a-dealer/volkswagen-mansfield/

Yep!!

So to recap car is over 3yrs old with 30,000miles on clock & you have had it for 2weeks?

So under the UK law (court based) you have to notify the dealer you purchased the car from & in writing & give them about three goes at fixing the fault before you can demand full refund.

I know people will say only one or two & many people have done it, but that is the dealer/seller using their discretion! If the dealer/seller digs heels in then three goes is the normal amount if you end up taking them to court (been there done that which is why I know)

wells332

VW Mansfield used to be, until quite recently, called VertuVW and is part of BSM.

Is this why they told me to go there? tbf seat Barnsley where I got the car from should have the equipment. He told me 'communication errors' maybe I shud have grilled them more but I had a 50 hour week and just wanted to go home. I'm from Huddersfield so you can imagine the struggle I'd be in to go Mansfield every time there was a fault. It's about 3.5 hours back home on public transport

What's ur take mate. Think it's the radar? Cos the speed limiter mode works but not ACC. my start stop worked for 2 mins today. Only had car 2 weeks

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldn't say for sure if it's a radar fault, or a software issue. However, as has been mentioned previously, the later model Seat Leon shares the same platform as the Golf7, so BSM should have the equipment to diagnose and rectify the problem. Speed limiter doesn't use the radar, but ACC has a speed limiter....if that makes sense.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
My golf is coming up for 3 years old and ive never had any ACC problems. Ive followed this forum for even longer and I dont remember too many posts about ACC issues so hopefully once you've got it sorted it will be fine and you can enjoy the car.