GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Throw Weighted Shift Knob - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
On the site, it’s saying the item won’t ship till mid September. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize! It looks like as if I was confusing the thread for the shift knob with the thread for our quick shift kit.

Currently, our next batch of GTI weighted shift knobs is finishing up production and should hit the shelves within the next couples of weeks!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
is there going to be an option without engraving and possibly in different finishes? not a fan of the Microsoft Word Comic Sans MS style font

Willrivz

Been using the shift knob for about 2 weeks in conjunction with the adapter.

I loved the look of the stock knob but what just not satisfied with its light weight and subsequent imprecise movements into the gates.

Week 1: installed shifter first. I Followed the install videos from the site. With appropriate tools, took about 15 minutes. Immediate change in weight and easiness of throw was noticeable.

Following install of adapter, shifting required more effort and simply felt very heavy. I would say it took about 3 days to break in. Tbh, still prefer the feel of shifting before adapter was installed but I am hopeful everything will smooth out as times goes on.

Week 2: shifting more precise but still have to get used to the less throw. I sometimes notice that I am over pulling the shifter in one direction.

*Ironically imprecise with shifting back to neutral. For example, if in third gear and slowing down and shifting to neutral, you have to put extra effort into preventing the shifter from going into fourth in the pull down. A little annoying. It seems to be due to just how short the shifter is and its momentum

Well made product with an OEM look. Just shifting into neutral a little annoying. Anyone else having this issue or any word from the company?

Festus

Been using the shift knob for about 2 weeks in conjunction with the adapter.

I loved the look of the stock knob but what just not satisfied with its light weight and subsequent imprecise movements into the gates.

Week 1: installed shifter first. I Followed the install videos from the site. With appropriate tools, took about 15 minutes. Immediate change in weight and easiness of throw was noticeable.

Following install of adapter, shifting required more effort and simply felt very heavy. I would say it took about 3 days to break in. Tbh, still prefer the feel of shifting before adapter was installed but I am hopeful everything will smooth out as times goes on.

Week 2: shifting more precise but still have to get used to the less throw. I sometimes notice that I am over pulling the shifter in one direction.

*Ironically imprecise with shifting back to neutral. For example, if in third gear and slowing down and shifting to neutral, you have to put extra effort into preventing the shifter from going into fourth in the pull down. A little annoying. It seems to be due to just how short the shifter is and its momentum

Well made product with an OEM look. Just shifting into neutral a little annoying. Anyone else having this issue or any word from the company?

Had the same experience. Took out the adaptor. I just use the shift knob.
Great now. Shorter throw, but not ridiculously short. Easy to find neutral.

Willrivz

Had the same experience. Took out the adaptor. I just use the shift knob.

Great now. Shorter throw, but not ridiculously short. Easy to find neutral.

Thank you. I was leaning on doing that as well so I am glad it remediates the issue.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Businesses will sell more product if they wouldn't throw logos all over their product, making their interior look like a rolling billboard
I'm down with advertising so long as it's clean. The comic sans font is just so 90s imo. Otherwise a good looking shift knob

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Interested in this. Can anyone comment on how its doing on their car after 1000 miles? Does this fit with set screws? / do they stay tight/. Also, seems like only option is blk with decal, but if there was no decal and maybe red to match the interior/ I would buy haha. More interested in long term user feedback tho... may part ways with my BFI knob

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Interested in this. Can anyone comment on how its doing on their car after 1000 miles? Does this fit with set screws? / do they stay tight/. Also, seems like only option is blk with decal, but if there was no decal and maybe red to match the interior/ I would buy haha. More interested in long term user feedback tho... may part ways with my BFI knob

I don't own the Boomba shift knob, but from their installation video, it's held to the shifter stalk with screws. I have a Raceseng shift knob that is also held in with screws and I use purple Loctite to keep the screws from loosening. Hope that helps.