GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cat back exhaust

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Right now I am just looking for a more aggressive sound. I'm not looking to tune until after my warranty is done. Does the magnaflow have a bad drone inside the cabin?

You can do this with a downpipe plus more horsepower. Downpipe = better tone than replacing the exhaust plus extra horsepower without a tune. Id go for just the downpipe if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
You can do this with a downpipe plus more horsepower. Downpipe = better tone than replacing the exhaust plus extra horsepower without a tune. Id go for just the downpipe if I were you.

I already have issues with traction with APR stage 1. That coupled with the more power leads to more issues route makes me not care as much to go stage 2. A catback gets you more growl, and doesn't add more stress. I can see why some would go that route.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I already have issues with traction with APR stage 1. That coupled with the more power leads to more issues route makes me not care as much to go stage 2. A catback gets you more growl, and doesn't add more stress. I can see why some would go that route.

Right but he doesn't wanna tune until after the warranty expires. I had a stock car with an upgraded intake and downpipe and I didn't have any issues. You'll get a lot better growl out of a new downpipe for a little cheaper plus extra horsepower if you're not looking to tune right away.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Right but he doesn't wanna tune until after the warranty expires. I had a stock car with an upgraded intake and downpipe and I didn't have any issues. You'll get a lot better growl out of a new downpipe for a little cheaper plus extra horsepower if you're not looking to tune right away.

The reason for not tuning right away is clearly warranty. But an aftermarket DP is modifying the car and is instantly noticed. I would think a DP is risky too. In the subaru world it was for sure.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
The reason for not tuning right away is clearly warranty. But an aftermarket DP is modifying the car and is instantly noticed. I would think a DP is risky too. In the subaru world it was for sure.

Oh ok I gotcha. I had a downpipe on my 2007 GTI and didn't have any problems. It's all dependent on your dealer. Some are even cool with tunes. Some aren't. Definitely try to get to know your dealer and get to a point where you can ask them as to what you can do to your car. Mine was cool with the downpipe. Your's might not be.

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the difference between Autotech's exhaust and Magnaflow's exhaust?

Autotech has their black Friday 30% off for MK7 at $461 for CBE

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
thats cool. Don't know if I want track or touring at this point. Can't decide.
If you ever plan on going catless dp I would go touring. If not track all day. I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dah90

Ready to race!

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here. The reason I am looking at a car back system is because of warranty. I was told by the dealership that a Down pipe would void my power train warranty.

I have not yet purchased a new exhaust yet. I am still fighting with myself on which one to get. So far, I like the borla and the unitronic.

DisplacementDan

i did reso delete with 3" pipe and muffler delete with 2 1/2". $150

+1 Did this as well. Great sound with a bit of drone around 80 mph, but for the money it's the best option in my opinion.