GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG chatter

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I feel as though I hear something similar to that but it's VERY subtle.. it's always while driving causally in D

Then I guess everyone's dmf is failing because they all make that noise.

I think you may be overestimating the noise. This was VERY loud and all the time (hot, cold, a/c on and off, etc). I only mentioned it to keep an eye on long-term in case the volume increases.

As mk7gti2.0 has eluded to, what you've got seems to be normal.

kylezee

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you may be overestimating the noise. This was VERY loud and all the time (hot, cold, a/c on and off, etc). I only mentioned it to keep an eye on long-term in case the volume increases.

As mk7gti2.0 has eluded to, what you've got seems to be normal.

Great. Thank you guys. Puts me at ease

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
When I got my R a few months ago, I was just as paranoid since it was my first dsg. But it's been making those same noises since I bought it. Still runs great and no issues.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
My DSG has made chattering noises while creeping at low speed since the day I drove it home from dealer with 7 miles on odometer. Works perfectly and makes no noise at any other speed. 31k miles now.

Resurrecting this. I have just discovered this chatter. Never heard it before. Happens only at veeery low speeds (5mph or so) when creeping in first gear, sometimes when going up my not really steep driveway. Is it normal or could it be the dual mass flywheel going out?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Resurrecting this. I have just discovered this chatter. Never heard it before. Happens only at veeery low speeds (5mph or so) when creeping in first gear, sometimes when going up my not really steep driveway. Is it normal or could it be the dual mass flywheel going out?
Wastegate rattle is what I think it is on mine.