GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

considering neuspeed catback

been looking at the neuspeed 80mm catback. sounds really good, but i plan on using it with a cts catless dp. anyone have any experience with this catback? it looks like it has a huge bottleneck at the very begining of it. i cant find any videos or clips of a neuspeed 80mm catback with a catless dp.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
All catbacks have the same reducer to be able to bolt up to a stock DP if that's what you're seeing. Unless you get a turboback (which you have a DP already) you will need to get a muffler shop to create some sort of transition so it's a straight 3" back

so now i cant make up my mind. i wanted to get the neuspeed 80m, but the higher price is a bit of a turn off. im looking at the awe track and also cts catback and wondering which of the three would be the least loud with a catless dp. any ideas?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
so now i cant make up my mind. i wanted to get the neuspeed 80m, but the higher price is a bit of a turn off. im looking at the awe track and also cts catback and wondering which of the three would be the least loud with a catless dp. any ideas?
Awe touring would pair well with a catless downpipe. The track edition might get loud. But they actually sell the parts to convert the track into a touring if it was too loud. My vote is obviously awe lol I love my track edition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

so its out now. im wondering if i would rather have it over my awe track edition. my biggest complaint about the awe is that its not fitting properly and i have to go back under it again to try ti finaggle the damn pipes to get it to fit properly so the tips stop pressing up against the rear bumper. with the neuspeed you bolt together the damn flanges and your done. price is not so nice though

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
so its out now. im wondering if i would rather have it over my awe track edition. my biggest complaint about the awe is that its not fitting properly and i have to go back under it again to try ti finaggle the damn pipes to get it to fit properly so the tips stop pressing up against the rear bumper. with the neuspeed you bolt together the damn flanges and your done. price is not so nice though

LOL, you still haven't gotten your catback yet?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I got it. I'm having figment problems with it. The tips push up against the bumper and I have tried a million different ways to get it aligned with no luck

If you can't get it, take it to a muffler shop, they will probably do it in 30 minutes for less than $30.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I'm getting the AWE track exhaust fitted in a week. I'm going to be keeping the OEM downpipe in place for a while so I figured it would be a good fit. Love that AWE offers a touring conversion if it does got too loud. I'll certainly be getting the Touring conversion when a downpipe is fitted :)

How's it sound?

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
been looking at the neuspeed 80mm catback. sounds really good, but i plan on using it with a cts catless dp. anyone have any experience with this catback? it looks like it has a huge bottleneck at the very begining of it. i cant find any videos or clips of a neuspeed 80mm catback with a catless dp.

Look at Billy Boat Catback. I just order mine from MAP. Same price as other places shipped but if you use REFUND5 checkout code you get 5% off on top.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-volkswagen-gti-fpim-0370?variant=34458476227

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FjjYhTcvd0

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
yeah i was thinking about doing that, but i have like 10 bucks to my name right now

Maybe you shouldn't have dropped $700 on an exhaust, which provides nothing more than sound, only to be left with $10 in your pocket? Just sayin :rolleyes:

I have my AWE track catback sitting in my garage, waiting to get bolted on this Saturday by my local mechanic. He said, even if its off, he will take care of lining everything up and adjusting it accordingly but I'll ask him how good or bad the fitment was when I pick it up.

If you already did most the work by bolting it on and just need the tips aligned, find some small local neighborhood mechanic, give him 20 bucks, and have him adjust it to your liking. Will take him like 10 minutes and you'll be done, no more headaches.

I'm getting the AWE track exhaust fitted in a week. I'm going to be keeping the OEM downpipe in place for a while so I figured it would be a good fit. Love that AWE offers a touring conversion if it does got too loud. I'll certainly be getting the Touring conversion when a downpipe is fitted :)

How's it sound?

its pretty tough sounding but i have a cts catless dp on it as well

Maybe you shouldn't have dropped $700 on an exhaust, which provides nothing more than sound, only to be left with $10 in your pocket? Just sayin :rolleyes:

im not a little kid. the exhaust was purchased way back in december. my current issue stems from problems caused by a faulty bfi clutch and other unforeseen monetary issues which are not mod related at all.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27342

maybe leave your assumptions about what happens to people at the door, just sayin

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
maybe leave your assumptions about what happens to people at the door, just sayin

Dude, I'm just clowning you, relax. I could care less what you do with your money.

Looking back, good thing you didn't go the neuspeed route. Would have been an extra 300 bucks that would sting your wallet even more now.