GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger body kit

Dante

Anyone have any experience with any of the oettinger body kit parts?

Was looking into getting some of them for my new GTI once it arrives in a couple weeks.

One question I had was if it was worth getting the side skirts if I have not modified the front or rear bumper, my worry being that the side skirts would look awkward if they reduce the ground clearance and would then not match the clearance at the front and back or maybe neither of these parts reduce ground clearance so there would be no issue?

Nick

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The price of it puts me off straight away.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Pricing isn't actually all that bad for any of their parts. They are all top notch.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Just an example, the "Eyebrows" are 4 times the price you can get from elsewhere even carbon fibre ones. But if someone likes the look and is willing to pay then fair enough.

Pricing is relative to everyone as well. Like you said to each their own. Now to answer the OP's question, and this is my personal opinion, I think just doing skirts by themselves would look slightly off kilter/unfinished, if you're going to do anything, I'd either purchase a piece at a time and install all at once or purchase in one swoop and install together.

Dante

Pricing is relative to everyone as well. Like you said to each their own. Now to answer the OP's question, and this is my personal opinion, I think just doing skirts by themselves would look slightly off kilter/unfinished, if you're going to do anything, I'd either purchase a piece at a time and install all at once or purchase in one swoop and install together.

Yeah I'm think that's what I'll do. Hopefully purchase in one go and install all at the same time.

Just to clarify one thing, in the above picture it is marked as a front spoiler and splitter, so is the spoiler the red bit at the very bottom and the splitter is the little lip between the bonnet and the grill?

Also if anyone knows of any websites which stock these parts and/or any other decent brands please make me aware if it wouldn't be too much to ask.

Thanks

Nick

snailmeat

Ready to race!
I have the front grille and I feel it is overpriced and ill-fitting. For that price I was hoping for oem like fitment.

Heard some others had fitment issued with the rear diffuser piece as well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I love the look of their rear spoiler, especially painted body color on a black roof. Still, $600 is alot of green for something that adds zero performance, will only stick out to car guys who know what the stock GTI looks like, and is basically unsellable if you change you're mind. Plus, it will be another couple hundred bucks to get it paint matched/fitted by a reputable body shop.

$50 is an insane deal and it honestly looks pretty good. Still, something about knockoffs bothers me even if no one else knows. Like fake akra tips or folex watches. Don't know if I can do it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I think i'd sleep just fine knowing its a rep lol

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Check out www.bakperformance.com that's where I got mine from I was super happy with fitment. It's as oem as you can get. Yes it's expensive but it's the only stuff that is actually wind tunnel tested and functional.

I did the front and rear spoiler and splitter and was super happy with the way it all fit and turned our. FYI the material Oettinger uses vs the knock offs aren't even close. There is a reason you pay more for their parts for sure. Some of the knock offs fit great and some not so great. All Oettinger stuff will fit like oem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Took a chance with these $50 rep spoilers but they look and fit great especially after a paintjob..

Got a link for the $50 spoiler? Probably be like $200 with a paint match.

Edit: Also, some more shots? Specifically a better side and rear shot and maybe more detail on the fitment?