GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Hockey

Ready to race!
Why don't you disable it with OBD11?

Is it possible? I adjusted it before "weak" "normal" "strong". But I couldn't find a way to disable it.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Rock chips in the lower front bumper. My car is almost a year old and I already need to replace it. From 20 feet away the bad spots look like I have permanent black bug splatters.

This is why my GTI was in for an XPEL clear bra two days after I bought it. Not a single chip or ding. Worth the extra money for the protection it provides.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
When you can’t close your windows after turning the ignition off and open the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very easy VAG-COM tweak:

Module 09, Central Electrics:
ZV Komfort:
Freigabenachlauf FH bei Tueroeffnen abbrechen:
change from "not active" to "active"

It translates as "Cancel the freewheeling FH at door opening". I don't know what "FH" refers to (F = Fenster = window?), but it cancels the power to the windows after key out and door open. It's active by default.

cb1111

That's a very easy VAG-COM tweak:

Module 09, Central Electrics:
ZV Komfort:
Freigabenachlauf FH bei Tueroeffnen abbrechen:
change from "not active" to "active"

It translates as "Cancel the freewheeling FH at door opening". I don't know what "FH" refers to (F = Fenster = window?), but it cancels the power to the windows after key out and door open. It's active by default.

FH = Fensterheber = "window lifter"

Freigabenachlauf = Release the ability to run after Tueroeffnen = door opening abbrechen = cancel

So something like "Cancel the ability to provide power after opening door"

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
FH = Fensterheber = "window lifter"

Freigabenachlauf = Release the ability to run after Tueroeffnen = door opening abbrechen = cancel

So something like "Cancel the ability to provide power after opening door"

Thanks. Google translate isn’t quite there yet.

Also, I meant to say, change from active to inactive. I stated the reverse.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Sap, bugs, bee poop, whatever, all leave marks on my paint despite the car being garaged, washed frequently and always having wax / sealant on it. It's white too...

Subito

Ready to race!
Sap, bugs, bee poop, whatever, all leave marks on my paint despite the car being garaged, washed frequently and always having wax / sealant on it. It's white too...

I use Griot's Garage Speed Shine (Quick Detailer) to clean off bugs, etc. after I go for a drive in the country. It has lots of lubricants in it so you can use it to clean the paint without worrying about scratching the finish with your microfiber towel. Great stuff!

Xdpker

Ready to race!

What kind of sealant are you using? If you can, post some pictures of the marks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The engine auto start stop function that can't be turned off permanently. Every time I start the car I have to also click on the auto start stop button to disable it. I'm a courier in Phoenix and the last thing that I want is the engine shutting off when it's 115 degrees at every stoplight. OBDeleven said they would work on a way to turn it off permanently.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The engine auto start stop function that can't be turned off permanently. Every time I start the car I have to also click on the auto start stop button to disable it. I'm a courier in Phoenix and the last thing that I want is the engine shutting off when it's 115 degrees at every stoplight. OBDeleven said they would work on a way to turn it off permanently.

As far as I know, without coding changes, that is how all start/stop systems work. You have to manual disable them every time you start the car. Also the system uses information from a bunch of different sensors, and won't activate unless it is "safe" to do so. If you are running A/C and it is hot out, it shouldn't shut off, and if it does, it will start again once the climate control system senses vent temps get too warm. Some users have reported that it doesn't always work as intended though.