GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

PolarLights

Passed Driver's Ed
The Zillion Trillion rattles/squeaks/tinks that the car has. I am constantly hunting down a new noise. :mad::mad::mad:

Right now it sounds like both the windows on the drivers side are making contact with something. Goes away when I crack the windows down a tiny bit. Think it might be glass to metal contact. Lubed everything up good and still have noise.

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
:D
Here's an incredibly minor one. I haul an upright bass around. The case has various straps and handles. I had never noticed the little chrome loop/hook in the middle of the back of the rear seats. I have to look up its intended function, but it works PERFECTLY at grabbing the top handle on the back of my bass case as I try to slide my bass out! :rolleyes:

Anchor for child seat. Won't be needing THAT!

That sounds like a good thing;). I want to remove mine.

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
The Zillion Trillion rattles/squeaks/tinks that the car has. I am constantly hunting down a new noise. :mad::mad::mad:

Right now it sounds like both the windows on the drivers side are making contact with something. Goes away when I crack the windows down a tiny bit. Think it might be glass to metal contact. Lubed everything up good and still have noise.
Turning up the radio volume works for me ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tbloemer

i can't stand that choppiness in first gear, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same problem. ill leave my parking spot, give it a little bit of gas and 20-40 ft later that car jerks forward, well hopefully thats the same thing you're describing

i cant stand how it jerks you to a stop. I have a 2017 and the acceleration is fine, no jerkiness really, but how the DSG downshifts when you are rolling forward slowly is horrendous. Honestly sometimes it makes me wish i just had a CVT.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
i cant stand how it jerks you to a stop. I have a 2017 and the acceleration is fine, no jerkiness really, but how the DSG downshifts when you are rolling forward slowly is horrendous. Honestly sometimes it makes me wish i just had a CVT.

:confused:

If you long for the detached, rubber-band feeling of a CVT car, WTH possessed you to buy a turbo hot-hatch?

The DSG behavior in my GTI doesn't offend me at all, kind of seems aggressive to me, not defective.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

nate704

Go Kart Champion

You will love the Nissan CVTs, which is the worst man-made thing on Earth.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

The DSG stage 1 tune will solve that, it should've come that way from factory.

lokerola

Ready to race!
You will love the Nissan CVTs, which is the worst man-made thing on Earth.

Yea, my wife has a Rogue and loves it. It's easily the worst driving, most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever been in. God, I hate that thing.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

Get a DSG tune. Problems with DSG shifting = gone! :cool:

Derf

Ready to race!
Get a DSG tune. Problems with DSG shifting = gone! :cool:

That may be, but it means having to spend more money to fix something that comes from the factory like that.
Throwing money at problems can fix many of them most of the time, but eventually you could throw so much money at the car you'd be shopping for a different car.