GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESC malfunction and TPMS warning

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
So turned my car on this morning, and it told me that i had an ESC warning and a tire pressure warning.

Got out checked the tires and everything seemed fine.. turned off, turned back on and all was good.

Kinda weird. Anyone else had a similar issue ? Car is less than 1000miles, new one month ago.

Timpel

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey hey

You are not only one.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8229

This is my thread. Been getting errors 75% of cold starts TPMS, ESC, Auto hold, Start stop system errors. Rev and gas gauges going nuts on the start up (look at the video in thread) Dealer told me its some module in steering wheel part. Not fixable yet. Waiting software update. Go to your dealer and get it checked. More info for vw maybe they move faster for the solution.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
My car had the exact same problem. Took it to the dealer they said ABS module problem. Part is not available at all for a while. They are replacing my car due to that fact but I only had it for a bit over a week so maybe that is why.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
I have a vagcom, i'll do a diag later tonight and see if it comes back with any errors.. I've since turned the car on and off about 6 times and the error has not repeated itself, so i'm guessing the vagcom will come back all good.

boshunter

Had the exact issues few days ago when it was -20 degree outside.
The error remained after a few restarts, but disappear once I start moving for a few seconds.

dogsinfront

This happened to me after a week of having the car. The tire pressure, ABS, ESC and airbag errors all went off at once. This went away the next day when I turned the car on but came back after about 5 min of driving. I took it to the dealer and it took them several hours to figure out it was a faulty wheel bearing. They had to overnight the part but it seemed to take care of the problem. It's been a week since I took it in and everything seems to be working fine.

Ottawa GTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the ESC and tire pressure warning maybe 6 times over 8 weeks. On engine start only, went away after starting to drive, never came on when driving. Dealer traced it to a steering angle sensor that was electrically marginal. So they replaced the Steering Control Module of which the angle sensor is an integral part. Problems are gone.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Mine did it too, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and then went away. Took it in to the dealer and they replaced the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor. It fixed the issue and has been good for 4 days so far.

Timpel

Passed Driver's Ed
Came from the dealer. Still have the module problem. Warranty manager told me they push the factory to get solution as fast as possible. Apparently Factory dont want to change the module, becose apparently its not solution, but it seems to be working solution right now. Like user Dogsinfront posted it fixed the problem. My dealer told me if theres no other solution they will replace the module and see does it have any affect. If it has then they will contact factory and tell the changeing module is solution and working one. Will see. Hope to hear back from the dealer in couple of days.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Came from the dealer. Still have the module problem. Warranty manager told me they push the factory to get solution as fast as possible. Apparently Factory dont want to change the module, becose apparently its not solution, but it seems to be working solution right now. Like user Dogsinfront posted it fixed the problem. My dealer told me if theres no other solution they will replace the module and see does it have any affect. If it has then they will contact factory and tell the changeing module is solution and working one. Will see. Hope to hear back from the dealer in couple of days.

Haha they refuse to change the module??? I will drop in there safety concerns with the car you purchased brand new. ETC ETC. Mine was the ABS module so that is a major safety concern. As I mentioned above VWs agreed to replace my car. Granted I only had it for a week.