GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Bought a 2019 Urano Gray Rabbit edition DSG for $26,310 which was exactly 5K off didn't have to qualify for any rebates in Oregon 2 weeks ago! We live in SoCal so took the family on a flight up and made a vacation road trip for a few days on the way back. By the time we got home had just over 900 miles on her so she's broken in now..lol. You can find the deals you just have to keep calling, so many dealers added back in the destination fee of $895 and the $500 different rebates onto their On Sale price that was discounted from MSRP...that is total crap and a shitty way of doing business!!! This dealer I bought from only one state away and a $129 one way plane ticket did None of that!

Sounds like a really good deal! Since you were working with a dealer in a different state, did you basically have everything done over email/phone? Did you negotiate and then show up with a promised price? I'm finding deals a few states away from me at the moment and I'm curious how the best way to go about it is.

ktm137

Bought one of the last few '18 GTI SE's on the west coast(ish).

Purchased in Missoula MT. Drove back to Sacramento

Dark Iron Blue, manual, cloth with auto dimming mirror.

$31,965 MSRP
$7550 off, including $500 SCCA partner program.

24415 before tax/title/license.

Kevin M.

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Sounds like a really good deal! Since you were working with a dealer in a different state, did you basically have everything done over email/phone? Did you negotiate and then show up with a promised price? I'm finding deals a few states away from me at the moment and I'm curious how the best way to go about it is.

No negotiation it was the same deal they had advertised in the autotrader and on their dealer website! MSRP was $31,310 and 5K discount for $26,310. But I had called a few dealers prior to finding this one. And what you will find is the latest BS trick of adding the destination fees back on top of the dealer discounted price of $895.00 and then there are 3 different rebates for $500.00 each, which are military, college grad and I cant remember the other one so it adds another $1,500 back into their discounted price. Then the crazy low dealer prices you see on the web the dealer fees on a lot of these were another $799-$899. So in the end most of the deals were only discounted a true $1,600-$1,800. My dealer gave me a true $5K discount with no game or BS or Rebates. I had the manager email me the Purchase order after I talked to them over the phone. They did my credit application over the phone also and since I have over a 800 credit score they didn't even ask me for a deposit since I was flying in the next day to pick it up, I just gave them my flight itinerary and my sales guy picked me up at the airport in the Rabbit GTI I was buying because I wanted to drive it first...lol

Even with all that I was still a little scared the dealer may try and pull a fast one and add something on but they didn't. This was the best car buying experience I have had and I have bought many many cars in my lifetime so far!! My dealer was Lithia VW in Medford, Oregon and my sales guys name is Hunter!!! This is a straight forward no nonsense dealer if anyone is looking for any VW in the future, I highly recommend them!!!

cb1111

You can forget advertised prices as dealers will find every legal loophole to make their price lower than everyone else's. You need to email and get a firm price that includes all fees and costs with the exception of government mandated fees (taxes, tags etc.)Once you've negotiated a price, make your last email "just to verify, when I show up at the airport with a certified check for this amount then you'll hand me the keys and title, correct?"

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG in Cornflower Blue. Central California.

Price with the 'factory included' accessories: $28,825.00. That's with the $500 military bit. MSRP listed just over $32k.

Note: I told them I wasn't intending to pay for what they randomly tossed in the back. They finally said if I cover $200 of the $215 10k/20k maintenance plan that was somehow factory installed *wut?* they'd deal the rest. I think the manager just didn't want to have to re-inventory parts and could say they moved another maintenance plan.

So along with that came the road kit, cargo net, all weather GTI Monster mats, and carpeted cargo mat. Also the mud flaps and lock bolts I did want.

I was supposed to register it in FL as I've done before as active duty military, but their DMV person gave some baloney line. But since it was planned for FL they removed the CA fees except a small transfer fee, so they ate $400+ on each vehicle there.

I didn't get the deal I was hoping for, but all things considered it was decent and can't complain too much once they fixed their processing and procedural issues. And from the sounds of it lately I'm a bit lucky they did any deal on a Rabbit out here as more get sold.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Bought a 2019 Urano Gray Rabbit edition DSG for $26,310 which was exactly 5K off didn't have to qualify for any rebates in Oregon 2 weeks ago! We live in SoCal so took the family on a flight up and made a vacation road trip for a few days on the way back. By the time we got home had just over 900 miles on her so she's broken in now..lol. You can find the deals you just have to keep calling, so many dealers added back in the destination fee of $895 and the $500 different rebates onto their On Sale price that was discounted from MSRP...that is total crap and a shitty way of doing business!!! This dealer I bought from only one state away and a $129 one way plane ticket did None of that!
I usually look out of state, especially since I'm in CA. Minnesota waived all state taxes on my truck 2 years ago since I'm active duty, that was a nice surprise.

This time CA lucked out as it wasn't really planned as the last was and we traded instead of private sale due to personal limitations right now.

Good job finding yours. $26k on this coast is good from what I've seen between LA & San Fran.

GTier1

Purchased a Black Metallic 2018 GTi SE with DSG, extra mats plus trunk mat, etc. $26K, plus fees, no tax being in Portland. Last 2018 GTi they had.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Price with the 'factory included' accessories: $28,825.00.

So along with that came the road kit, cargo net, all weather GTI Monster mats, and carpeted cargo mat. Also the mud flaps and lock bolts I did want.

Congrats, but that stuff really is (typically) ordered/included from the factory and not just random stuff they "tossed in the back."
If it's on the window sticker, which was printed at the factory/port, it came from the factory ordered that way.

Dealer added accessories will have a addendum sticker.

cb1111

Congrats, but that stuff really is (typically) ordered/included from the factory and not just random stuff they "tossed in the back."
If it's on the window sticker, which was printed at the factory/port, it came from the factory ordered that way.

Dealer added accessories will have a addendum sticker.
Correct. Some (most?) people don't know how accessories work.

There is a fairly standard accessory kit that is on most GTI's (mats, road kit). Those item are added at port and are on the window sticker. They are considered in the same category as leather seats or an automatic transmission and can't be "removed" unless the dealer wants to buy them and put them into his inventory.

The second category is dealer installed accessories. Those are typically items that require some labor (locks, mud flaps) and are typically installed after the sale, although sometimes the dealer will add them on beforehand and you have to argue with the dealer of you don't want them.

Maintenance agreements are NEVER added on before the sale (although some dealers will see a mark coming and will tell you it is already on the car)

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Maintenance agreements are NEVER added on before the sale (although some dealers will see a mark coming and will tell you it is already on the car)

Within the last week, I saw a GTI window sticker that had a 10k & 20k VW maintenance contract for $215 under the port installed options list and not a dealer addendum. It's illegal to alter a window sticker, so it's an official VW item. I've never seen that before.

Might be their way of sneaking back in the old "included maintenance" to keep their leased cars in better shape, but now charge for it.

cb1111

Within the last week, I saw a GTI window sticker that had a 10k & 20k VW maintenance contract for $215 under the port installed options list and not a dealer addendum. It's illegal to alter a window sticker, so it's an official VW item. I've never seen that before.

Might be their way of sneaking back in the old "included maintenance" to keep their leased cars in better shape, but now charge for it.
I hope a lawyer will chime in here but that may be a violation of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act which prohibits a manufacturer from requiring a customer to have the vehicle serviced at the manufacturer's location or to use specific branded parts unless those parts and services are provided at no charge.

Me? I'd love to see it on the window sticker because I'd be getting that for free.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Correct. Some (most?) people don't know how accessories work.

There is a fairly standard accessory kit that is on most GTI's (mats, road kit). Those item are added at port and are on the window sticker. They are considered in the same category as leather seats or an automatic transmission and can't be "removed" unless the dealer wants to buy them and put them into his inventory.

The second category is dealer installed accessories. Those are typically items that require some labor (locks, mud flaps) and are typically installed after the sale, although sometimes the dealer will add them on beforehand and you have to argue with the dealer of you don't want them.

That may be, but to me if it's not listed as included in the trim on the manufacturer's page and/or build, and especially if added in the optional accessories section as it is on these, then it's an optional add-on I didn't ask for and I will walk out if considerations as such aren't taken. The dealer told me they added them in their factory order as things people usually want, so while factory delivered they're dealer ordered. Their bad call to me if they'll let that bugger a deal, which none if them seemed willing to push it to do.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I hope a lawyer will chime in here but that may be a violation of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act which prohibits a manufacturer from requiring a customer to have the vehicle serviced at the manufacturer's location or to use specific branded parts unless those parts and services are provided at no charge.

Me? I'd love to see it on the window sticker because I'd be getting that for free.

I'm sure that is something that can be removed from the sale and needs to be accepted by the buyer. It's not a physical item like monster mats or wheel locks. I'll post the pic if I come across it.

PlushShiba

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a 2019 GTI SE DSG Pure White in Dallas, Texas.

MSRP: $35,560
Discount of $4500
Final Price: $31,060

Came the road kit, all weather GTI Monster mats, and carpeted cargo mat.