GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pacific German | Mk7 GTI Race Car Build Thread

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
After you weight the vehicle with driver; what do you do to bring everything into balance or do you just leave it as is?

Ideally a height adjustable coilover system will allow you to adjust each corner individually to dial in the balancing.

Since our car is still on completely stock suspension, this was just a quick reference since the scales were already out. We were also a little curious on the weight of this car, will definitely be under 3,000 with driver, we will weigh it as we make changes.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Great pic and narrative.

Car looks fab.

Looking forward to updates and track stats.

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
Well, it has been a few weeks since this thread has seen any updates. We have been super busy at the shop, but here are a few things I can share, with some pictures of things to come :D

Autotech Sport Tuning took the car out to run their new development parts on the dyno.

The baseline dyno -

I'll share the graph with the upgraded parts soon!

Our friends at SuperPro sent us their full bushing kit for the MK7 MQB platform. These replace all of the factory rubber bushings in the suspension system with their Poly bushings. Simply press the old units out, and new ones in! Installation with pictures and review soon to come! www.Superpro.com.au

Last one for now, the Brembo Race kit has arrived! Racetechnologies (Brembo's USA distribuitor) sent us their 355x32mm 4 piston race kit, with Type 3 motorsport discs and their proprietary friction RE10 compound endurance brake pads, for competition use only. No dust boots on the caliper pistons, easy pad swap retaining clip, these are the real deal :cool: These will definitely get put to use in the way they were meant for, we will make sure to snap photos of the stock weight versus these during installation. www.racetechnologies.com

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Well done guys, very cool.
Thanks for sharing, great information!
I have one question regarding the LSD.

Once you installed the LSD, how does it react to the electronic traction system?

Cheers
Chris

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Last one for now, the Brembo Race kit has arrived! Racetechnologies (Brembo's USA distribuitor) sent us their 355x32mm 4 piston race kit, with Type 3 motorsport discs and their proprietary friction RE10 compound endurance brake pads, for competition use only. No dust boots on the caliper pistons, easy pad swap retaining clip, these are the real deal :cool: These will definitely get put to use in the way they were meant for, we will make sure to snap photos of the stock weight versus these during installation. www.racetechnologies.com

What's the advantage of having no dust boots? I assume that regular maintenance/cleaning is required to keep the caliper pistons clean?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
awesome build

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
Well done guys, very cool.
Thanks for sharing, great information!
I have one question regarding the LSD.

Once you installed the LSD, how does it react to the electronic traction system?

Cheers
Chris

This system will not interfere with hard driving unless you break traction, then the XDS comes in to play. We have not noticed any erratic behavior from the XDS with driving the car both on and off the track with the Wavetrac installed. Also, we have not disabled the system.

What's the advantage of having no dust boots? I assume that regular maintenance/cleaning is required to keep the caliper pistons clean?

Race tracks and dust boots are not great friends. Extreme heat will cause the rubber dust boots to crack and rot away, rendering them useless.

The Race Calipers use higher temperature internal seals and stronger pistons than the street calipers, meaning they will be more durable throughout our track usage. Since we are in Southern California, I do not foresee any issues with these calipers since we do not deal much with snow/salt/rain anyways.

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
Autotech Sport Tuning delivered a special package for us the other day.. An H&R RSS+ Coilover kit! These coilovers are height adjustable, damping adjustable, the fronts have spherical bearings with camber plates that replace the factory strut mounts, and they come with shortened sway bar endlinks.

We began the install as soon as we could!

Removing the stock front struts.

H&R's in.

Stock Rear suspension.

H&R's in.

Pictures of ride height to come soon. These coilovers are known for extreme lowering, with the collars spun up nearly all the way, we have about 1/4" clearance between the tires and fenders. Once we have the SuperPro bushings installed, we will corner balance the car and dial in the alignment.

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
Here are some photos we took of the SuperPro bushing installation.

The front lower control arm with the SuperPro bushings next to their oem parts.

The front lower control arm with the SuperPro bushings installed. Note the caster offset on that rear bushing!

Front control arm installed, bushings look at home.

Rear trailing arm with the SuperPro bushing installed.

Rear front control arm with the SuperPro bushings installed.

The whole rear package with the SuperPro bushings installed and ready to bolt into the car! Rear lower control arm, rear front control arm, trailing arm, and rear upper control arm.

For more information on this kit, visit - SuperPro.com.au

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
This system will not interfere with hard driving unless you break traction, then the XDS comes in to play. We have not noticed any erratic behavior from the XDS with driving the car both on and off the track with the Wavetrac installed. Also, we have not disabled the system.

Great, thanks for the info guys. Really interesting write up so far, well done!

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
Here is a photo from a track day last weekend! Running Auto Club speedway with slicks, unfortunately it began to rain after the second session. The car felt incredible in the dry, extremely planted.

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
What's the part number on the dif and how do we know if we have 20 or 25 thoot trans?

Also the part number on the bushing kit
Thanks

Contact Autotech Sport Tuning to order the differential, give them your cars information and they can determine the tooth count - http://www.autotech.com/product/wav...87WK.html?fromcat=golf-gti-rabbit-mkvi-gti-2t

Bushing kit part numbers from the SuperPro website - http://superpro.com.au/?v=vw-golf-mk-7-typ5g-fwd---2012-on/999501162

SneakyDeeky

Ready to race!
Here is a photo from a track day last weekend! Running Auto Club speedway with slicks, unfortunately it began to rain after the second session. The car felt incredible in the dry, extremely planted.

car looks awesome! Quality work on the build so far... keep it up!
What wheel and tire setup were you running at the track with slicks (offsets, brand, size, etc)?
I ask b/c i'll be autocrossing my R.