GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VWR springs in setups in here

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've read stories of the stock mounts wearing out quickly with lowering springs. Figured I'll upgrade them now and put the near-new stock mounts back on when I trade/sell it in the future.

Splash guards were on the car already, dealer installed. Yes, I think they'll catch a lot though not quite all.

maTT

Mounts is one of those things that are recommended to do with new installs, is just one of those things, it is a good practice. I didn't change mine at 10k now I'm at 22 k and they are fine still .
However now after 12k on VWR springs I think that my shocks are going because I'm not feeling that smooth ride over bumps anymore, from time to time I have my girls with me in the GTI and last night went to the movies, on the way back the rear was felling really hard and the girls were complaining a lot so I think that I'll get Konis FSD's next

Anyone have any inputs on the Koni Yellows?
I have experience with the FSD's but not with the Second option. All new hardware will be installed as well

Jon B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI & '07 TBSS
I just ordered some of these springs and will be doing the install on a car with ~25k on it. I'm hoping the mounts are fine, as I remember my R had about the same mileage when I put the springs on it a few years ago.

Hopefully I can get some decent pictures once they're on and I'll post them. Some Neuspeed rse102's are going on simultaneously.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Now I'm wondering if I should just look for some basic "like stock ride" coilovers instead of worrying about issues with just installing springs.

I have a few months to research...

Back2FWD

I'm having fun with my VWR springs. I added a set of 18x7.5 RPF1's with 225/40-18 Continental ExtremeContact DWs. For having just springs with stock shocks, the car drove great. The only part that wasn't so fun was the stock brake pads overheating after 3 sessions.

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Now I'm wondering if I should just look for some basic "like stock ride" coilovers instead of worrying about issues with just installing springs.

If you have the money HPA is coming out with a coilover set up that was designed with KW. Looks like a really quality kit and HPA builds some crazy cars

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Don't let my post scare you, after I posted I went to a friend that knows more than me and tested my car and said that my socks still fine and I agree. but I guess my girls are getting heavier :) and since they don't really ride in my GTI much maybe the bad roads played a big factor I don't know for sure but when I'm by myself the car feels really planted and fun but with 2+3 I have to mind the bumps and potholes much more than usual now.
Koni Yellows it is but not for now because I really don't drive much during the winter anyways :)

Mk7NMpdx

Ready to race!
Getting ready to order my springs. Other than the tt pads anything else you all recommend? Do you guys find it necessary to run the Audi pads? Seems varying heights on installs

Last edited:

Jon B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI & '07 TBSS
Just received mine today. Was there supposed to be any paperwork/stickers in the box? I remember getting the same box for my mk6 R and I think it had some extra stuff in the box. This one just had four springs.

nsw

Passed Driver's Ed
Just received mine today. Was there supposed to be any paperwork/stickers in the box? I remember getting the same box for my mk6 R and I think it had some extra stuff in the box. This one just had four springs.

Mine came without any papers, but in a VWR box with each spring in a plastic bag/sleeve. Ordered from ECS a few weeks ago.