GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Just installed the new engine cover I got on eBay... That's gotta be good for 5hp right? Lol

Dude, stickers are worth 5hp. That can't even be considered a direct bolt on. That's a custom component. It must be worth at least 15hp, across the entire rev range. Just imagine the EGT savings, too! Clearly needs more carbon fibreness though.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Where does the oil go?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Words can not express how deeply I approve of her clearly well practiced lubricant application technique.

That one's marriage material, boys.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Dude, stickers are worth 5hp. That can't even be considered a direct bolt on. That's a custom component. It must be worth at least 15hp, across the entire rev range. Just imagine the EGT savings, too! Clearly needs more carbon fibreness though.

LOL! You're right not nearly enough carbon fiber for the MK7 scene but it does have that nice sleeper styling. :)

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
needs some red/silver highlights.

100% agree, I'm thinking at the very least doing the VW logo silver and TSI in red - maybe some tasteful red pin striping. Not 100% on that... but you're right it needs something. Maybe do the strip in the middle red a leave the TSI black for contrast.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I also thought the Tiguan engine cover needed a bit of color so I put some Badgeskins on mine. I think it looks good

Last edited:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I also thought the Tiguan engine cover needed a bit of color so I put some Badgeskins on mine. I think it looks good

Not bad, gives me at least a good idea on a simple mod I can do to it.

Johaan

Ready to race!

Got the previous owner’s gunk and sun fade off the steering wheel and DGI shift with Meguiar’s leather conditioner. Was more of a mess than I thought.

Only issue is I now have a few white dots in the leather at 12, 4 and 7 o’clock on the wheel. Open to suggestions if anyone knows how to get rid of them. They are small, but visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckee

Helix upgrade (on sale for total of about $325 after shipping/rebate) Made a worthwhile improvement in sound for a reasonable amount. Took me about 4 hrs and only messed up one clip = success!

and I'm up soon for dongle

Nice deal. Where did you find that?

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Switched from IE open intake to APR intake. Will switch to Cobb intake when it arrive in a week:D