GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
How’s stage 2?

APR here, but my first impression coming from stage 1 was a more linear powerband.

You went from Uni stage 1 (not 1+) to Uni stage 2, correct? How do you like it?

So right off the bat, I can't say I've driven enough to notice too much in first (traffic), but holy crap in second and third!! I can most definitely tell between the boost (less lag) and more torque..... And this was in 88 degree weather too. So far really impressed... I'll be testing more this weekend!

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So right off the bat, I can't say I've driven enough to notice too much in first (traffic), but holy crap in second and third!! I can most definitely tell between the boost (less lag) and more torque..... And this was in 88 degree weather too. So far really impressed... I'll be testing more this weekend!

I never drove a stage 1+ car, I went straight to stage 2, but I've always loved how great 3rd and 4th are now... Just keeps pulling and pulling....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I never drove a stage 1+ car, I went straight to stage 2, but I've always loved how great 3rd and 4th are now... Just keeps pulling and pulling....
L...O...V...I...N...G. IT!!!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Jail time speeds appear a bit quicker now :)
Bring it!

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
First experiment with plastidip. I always disliked the black on the nogaros.

Attachments

• 48383307376_d95d3eb7e7_z.jpg
    48383307376_d95d3eb7e7_z.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 456

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
VW 502 spec is approved for the Gti. I have a 2015 model, I'm sure it is also approved for newer models.

That only applies to MK7s. FWIW my MK7.5 manual explicitly states only to use 508 00 0W-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
That only applies to MK7s. FWIW my MK7.5 manual explicitly states only to use 508 00 0W-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it applies to 2018 MK7.5's. Mine says 502 or 504 on my sticker in the engine bay.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
They probably used an out dated sticker. I'm pretty sure the manual says 508.00 for an 18.
You may be right, I'll go take a look at my manual later.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
You may be right, I'll go take a look at my manual later.
Looked at my manual and I was correct on the 502-504 oil spec for my 2018 7.5