GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Yeah you should just do the full roof in black. It looks so damn good.

I was thinking of doing the roof, but I feel a lot of white cars do that already. Haha I know if I had a sunroof I would black out the rest of the roof

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Scratch that.

I had removed the rubber plug that allows access through the firewall, down behind the brake pedal, to install the boost gauge tubing. I left it on the floor. Guess what's not there anymore

Speaking of that did you get it hooked up? I was ripping across the smokies in my gti the other day when you were texting me so the wife was texting for me lol

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Worked on my splitter over the weekend. Fabricated the rear mounting brackets and turned my cardboard splitter template into a plywood template. Next steps will be to fabricate the front mounting hardware and then cut the splitter it out of HDPE.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Installed some stripes the other day. I think I’m gonna keep them on for awhile. Was thinking of doing the roof, but don’t think it would look that good. [emoji28]

What'd you use for the stripes?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Worked on my splitter over the weekend. Fabricated the rear mounting brackets and turned my cardboard splitter template into a plywood template. Next steps will be to fabricate the front mounting hardware and then cut the splitter it out of HDPE.
Subscribed. I want to see end product. Keep template on hand [emoji6]

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Looks great! But, I'm not sure i would do the roof. Maybe color it with photo shop first to see how it looks, then decide.

Look at other pictures of white Golfs. Tons of people do it. It looks awesome. Like a Mercedes.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion

Subscribed. I want to see end product. Keep template on hand [emoji6]

+1. OP, is it a front or rear splitter? Mind sharing where you got the HDPE and how much it cost? Reason for making your own?

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
+1. OP, is it a front or rear splitter? Mind sharing where you got the HDPE and how much it cost? Reason for making your own?

It is a front splitter. I have an R400 kit on my GTI and during the last big snow storm in my area the splitter that came with the kit broke into multiple pieces. Rather than replace the broken splitter with another flimsy fiberglass one I opted to make my own out a material that will survive use on a daily driver.

I sourced the HDPE from Menards and it was around $115 for a single 4x8 sheet. I have about another $40-$50 in hardware for making the mounting brackets.

I have been taking pictures as things have progressed, however the process has been much slower than I would have liked. When it is all done I can post up some pictures.

SpaceMissile

Intercooler and Stage-3

Not today, but I finally did my Intercooler last weekend. Went with AMS from the Cobb website. Now I'm finally stage-3. Completed a long-term goal i've had since Feb '18.

Feelsgoodman

Attachments

• 20190519_120602.jpg
    20190519_120602.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 591
  • 20190519_152122.jpg
    20190519_152122.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 604
  • 20190519_152512.jpg
    20190519_152512.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 598

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
It is a front splitter. I have an R400 kit on my GTI and during the last big snow storm in my area the splitter that came with the kit broke into multiple pieces. Rather than replace the broken splitter with another flimsy fiberglass one I opted to make my own out a material that will survive use on a daily driver.

I sourced the HDPE from Menards and it was around $115 for a single 4x8 sheet. I have about another $40-$50 in hardware for making the mounting brackets.

I have been taking pictures as things have progressed, however the process has been much slower than I would have liked. When it is all done I can post up some pictures.

Thanks for the info, and a DIY/pics thread would be much appreciated when you're finished. I've thought about doing the same thing, just for not wanting to spend $$$ on a flimsy piece of plastic. I have the tools to mill HDPE but have never used it before, so any pics on how you built yours would be super awesome!

Renck

Ready to race!
Not today, but I finally did my Intercooler last weekend. Went with AMS from the Cobb website. Now I'm finally stage-3. Completed a long-term goal i've had since Feb '18.

Feelsgoodman

Oh man, you missed a couple of screws right there at the radiator support assembly!

KIDDING!!!! Looks great and perfect timing, specially with these hot temperatures we are getting in GA.

Congrats on the goal achieved!