GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Why in the holiest of shits would anyone...ANYONE pay $650 for a set of lug bolts??????

I don't care if they weigh nothing, weight on bolts alone doesn't matter worth shit. I wouldn't be caught dead paying more than $70-80 for a set of bolts for my car.. :rolleyes:

Poster paid $290, which is still steep. I'd rather put that towards a gym membership and some fiber supplements for weight reduction :D

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Poster paid $290, which is still steep. I'd rather put that towards a gym membership and some fiber supplements for weight reduction :D

A big $hit is free.. But on the flipside I don't like the fact I have extended lugs for the track, when driving on street tires. The struggle is real yo

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Playing around with datasets gave me race mode on my Hybrid :)
Unfortunately, it didn't change my car into a rally-beast or DTM machine.
Disclaimer: no, I will not disclose how I did this, as it is highly experimental.

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

This. Sorta like the people who put tow hook plates but have holes already in their bumper from the original plate frame mount. Way to make you car look even uglier.

Right? I've never understood this styling choice. But I don't say anything because I don't want to be labelled as a "hater." Oops. Now I'm out! :p I figure if plates are required and the dealer already put holes in the car, then just put the plate there and make it look as good as possible. :rolleyes:

Fog lights are only effective at extremely slow speeds, like 15MPH. Their range is so short that if you are driving normally, there won't be enough time to avoid whatever obstacle they illuminate.

Plus, I'm looking farther ahead than fog lights, anyway. Every fog light I've ever had managed to attract rocks and break. Could be cold water splashing on hot glass, too, I guess. I'm glad my GTI doesn't have them. The LP puts plenty of light right in front of the car. :cool:

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Installed my lovely deep red BFI weighted shift knob, install was fairly easy, easier than I thought it'd be at least. Also tacked on a fast vinyl and some matte black eyelid vinyls from badgeskins!

Car is still filthy right now, sorry the picture doesn't really show the fast vinyl that well, it's in the passenger front triangle window area, black with a red tail, looks great but a little hard to see in the garage. Will take a better frontal picture of the eyelids and everything at some point. The matte eyelids from Badgeskins are awesome, once on correctly I'd say without knowing I'd installed them that they were a part of the oem light fixture

Attachments

• IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 575

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed my lovely deep red BFI weighted shift knob, install was fairly easy, easier than I thought it'd be at least. Also tacked on a fast vinyl and some matte black eyelid vinyls from badgeskins!

Car is still filthy right now, sorry the picture doesn't really show the fast vinyl that well, it's in the passenger front triangle window area, black with a red tail, looks great but a little hard to see in the garage. Will take a better frontal picture of the eyelids and everything at some point. The matte eyelids from Badgeskins are awesome, once on correctly I'd say without knowing I'd installed them that they were a part of the oem light fixture
Did you buy the BFI adapter or some different one?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Paid a dent repairman to mostly alleviate what looked to be the result of a basic bitch + shopping cart mishap out of my driver fender [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

What’s a fastvinyl? Shift knob looks comfy.

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed my lovely deep red BFI weighted shift knob, install was fairly easy, easier than I thought it'd be at least.

I like... On a DSG too..... Do explain the swap process... Does it have a button like the OEM?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I like... On a DSG too..... Do explain the swap process... Does it have a button like the OEM?

For the DSG, the trigger is absent. You get out of Park, shift into reverse, or get out neutral at a stop by lifting the knob and moving the lever while the know is lifted. The whole point is to get rid of that annoying trigger and get a manual style knob.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Did you buy the BFI adapter or some different one?

No idea. Got the knob they offer in that color perf leather for the dsg.