GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Is that what that is??? I’ve been doing it all wrong. I use the hatch pop kit to sweep floors.

My wife uses it to get to work.
Hahaha, I figured someone would point out my multifunction tool AKA broom. It worked well for what its worth.

Also, for anyone installing and coding a hatch pop kit on a MK7.5, the "Access Control" channel on the MK7 is called "ZV Heck" on MK7.5 models. Took me a while to figure that out [emoji52]

Last edited:

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
Installed an ECS hatch pop kit. The convenience is great, just have to get use to the added force needed to close the hatch

i saw some one installed just one and kept tthe other side stock to reduce force, opening and closing.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
nice, glad to see your sportshifters.com setup came in. I like the look of this one. Unique. Are you able to choose different weights for that knob as you are with their other knobs??

Very unique for sure. Glad I went this route instead of BFI. BFI knobs are nice though. And I went with a medium weight (250 grams) feels great. Not light like the stock one and not too heavy.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
i saw some one installed just one and kept tthe other side stock to reduce force, opening and closing.
I heard about that too but the person that did it mentioned the hatch pop function wouldn't work properly. It's all good I'll just get used to the extra resistance.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Had to top up oil twice in 6 months, even with 2 o-rings the cap was still sweating. Bought new o-rings, hopefully will seal.

New o-ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Got the stripes removed today. I like it more without them, but they'd grown on me some.

No stripe. And, a hat. by krshultz, on Flickr

I also got a dorky hat while I was there.

While I was out that way, I remembered that Duragloss has their headquarters in the same town as the dealer I bought the car at. So, I called them to see if they did any retail sales from there. They do! So, I stopped by and got some detailing stuff.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got the stripes removed today. I like it more without them, but they'd grown on me some.

I also got a dorky hat while I was there.

While I was out that way, I remembered that Duragloss has their headquarters in the same town as the dealer I bought the car at. So, I called them to see if they did any retail sales from there. They do! So, I stopped by and got some detailing stuff.
Is that a VW brand hat? Looks cool.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Went from SUV to sports car
Dinan coilovers
034 dynamic camber mounts

245/40 and no rubbing over some pretty big bumps.
No bounciness. Was worried about that because no reviews on these. They actually ride really close to stock. A little better because it doesn't rock back and forth as much.

Attachments

• img20190117_173501.jpg
    img20190117_173501.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 766
  • img20190117_173541.jpg
    img20190117_173541.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 760

tigeo

Autocross Champion
BFI "perfect fit" spacer kit. 8mm front 15mm rear. 8mm has a lip so hub-centric vs. every other brand that didn't have a lip until 10mm. Bolts sized for spacers. Very mild but that's how I roll. Took it out and got it up to 80 on the highway didn't notice any vibes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: