GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tknj99

Ready to race!
Is your car lowered? If it is the stock end-links are in a bind & that shortened their life. If a car isn't lowered the stock end-links will work well with an aftermarket swaybar & last a reasonable length of time.

Even with my previous MK6 being lowered with H&R RSB it had over 50k recently with new owner and only recently started making a knocking noise which I suspect to be endlink related.. so with normal daily and spirited driving lasted a good 40k or so miles, not too shabby..
I expect at least the same now with my MK7 on stock spring with ST RSB.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Paint correction and applied Uber Ceramic Coating. My first time using a DA, and I think the paint correction would not be up to some people's standards, but I'm real happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tknj99

Ready to race!
Today worked on my car and buddies to remove our RSB's to retorque the endlinks as we originally did the install without removing the endlinks so guesstimated the torque as couldn't fit wrench on.. now it's done right!
Also removed driver side air intake passage on my buddies car for moar air!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Got my MK7 up on jack stands yesterday and replaced the 034 dogbone insert with a BFI Stage 1 to compliment my BFI motor & trans mount. Plus the 034 really did not feel like it was doing anything. On top of that, I keep hearing about them bending or cracking. Anyways, vibrations are more noticeable but are nothing crazy or unbearable. I'm sure they will calm down after a bit of driving as they did on my old MK5. Shifting is definitively improved and the drive train with all 3 mounts feels awesome now, no more slop and hop. :)

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Paint correction and applied Uber Ceramic Coating. My first time using a DA, and I think the paint correction would not be up to some people's standards, but I'm real happy with it.

Noticed you got the Porter Cable DA, I have the same one and love it. Makes the job go so much quicker. I can't even imagine doing my car by hand anymore. :D

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

(every time a picture is re-quoted, god kills a puppy)

I really need to get a DA. And that came out incredibly shiny, nice work!

On a side note, today I re-installed the stock muffler after getting a muffler delete Saturday morning. Read multiple threads where people said it sounded awesome, but to me it sounded exactly like some Accord with a rusted through and falling off muffler. Maybe I was spoiled by my last car, but it's safe to say I won't be bothering to spend money on any exhaust for this car. That few hundred can go towards a nice stage 1 tune now :D

njavier03

Ready to race!

On a side note, today I re-installed the stock muffler after getting a muffler delete Saturday morning. Read multiple threads where people said it sounded awesome, but to me it sounded exactly like some Accord with a rusted through and falling off muffler. Maybe I was spoiled by my last car, but it's safe to say I won't be bothering to spend money on any exhaust for this car. That few hundred can go towards a nice stage 1 tune now :D

IMO, the only exhausts that sound good on our cars are the AWE track or touring and Remus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

Have you looked into the Clubsport S muffler? It provides a noticeable improvement over stock and is considerably louder under full load, but is just as civil and refined as stock when driving normally. OEM fit and finish as well. Best $400 I've spent.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Have you looked into the Clubsport S muffler? It provides a noticeable improvement over stock and is considerably louder under full load, but is just as civil and refined as stock when driving normally. OEM fit and finish as well. Best $400 I've spent.

I did look into that, though some of the videos I've seen I wasn't too impressed. I may just personally not be a fan of the inline 4 sound.

I really need to hear some in person, but I haven't been able to meet up with any modified GTI locals here. The Indiana thread seems to be dead as well lol.

In the mean time, I have plenty other mods to spend my money on. I'm planning on VWR springs next.

SoCalGolfMK7

Didn't happen today, happened on the 9th. Stupid teenager speeding down the street clipped my front bumper and my car has been in the body shop since then. They told me it wouldn't be done until the 30th. Hate having to drive a crappy rental. Worst part is, I hadn't even made the first payment before it went in the shop...

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Didn't happen today, happened on the 9th. Stupid teenager speeding down the street clipped my front bumper and my car has been in the body shop since then. They told me it wouldn't be done until the 30th. Hate having to drive a crappy rental. Worst part is, I hadn't even made the first payment before it went in the shop...

Damn that sucks man. And I concur about the rentals. Just not the same as your own car :/

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just busted out the OBDEleven this morning and increased my idle RPM by 50/min. Had installed the BFI Stage 1 dogbone mount recently and this helped smooth out most of those vibrations. Nice little tweak in my opinion.