GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for this information. I am going to be picking up a set of Fast FC04 17x8 for my lightweight winter setup!

Smart man! Reminder the bronze are not winter approved. Titanium are, FWIW. Not sure about black.

Recommend 235/45/17 tires. Nearly the same circumference as 225/40/18. 3mm arch gap loss. Should be ok with your DG springs.

BLem7

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my heart set on OZ Ultraleggeras, but they're on a three-month backorder. That led me to asking my buddy who is a rep for Falken and drives an S3.

He suggested I check out Titan Wheels. Holy cow! These things are incredible. Not only are they beautiful, but at 17.8 pounds each they are over a pound lighter than the OZ wheels. 18x8.5. Forged. I just ordered a set in satin titanium (they're also available in machine black). They're about $500 more than the OZ Ultraleggeras, but for a forged wheel that's not unreasonable.

Let me know what you think. I can't wait to get these things on my car!
I really wish you didn't post this - damn those look good and sub 18lbs is unbelievable

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I had my heart set on OZ Ultraleggeras, but they're on a three-month backorder. That led me to asking my buddy who is a rep for Falken and drives an S3.

He suggested I check out Titan Wheels. Holy cow! These things are incredible. Not only are they beautiful, but at 17.8 pounds each they are over a pound lighter than the OZ wheels. 18x8.5. Forged. I just ordered a set in satin titanium (they're also available in machine black). They're about $500 more than the OZ Ultraleggeras, but for a forged wheel that's not unreasonable.

Let me know what you think. I can't wait to get these things on my car!

LOL they are more than reasonable...Try finding a cheaper set of fully forged aftermarket wheels that work on MK7s.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 + Yokohama Neova 225/40

Brooklyn 17x7.5 + Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 225/45

Austin 18x7.5 + Michelin PS4 225/40

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
TSW Bathurst 19-8.5 et 45 think weight on them is about 20.8lb with Firestone Indy 500 235/35/19
Installed yesterday. I was concerned being lowered on HR Sport Springs and jumping up to 19’S but for the little I’ve driven so far it’s not too bad!
No regerts here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
^^ Looks great! I've been eyeing 18" Bathursts for my GTI. The 19s look great though.. is the ride noticeably rougher with the H&R springs with 19s compared to the stock 18s? Tire prices are another reason I'm leaning toward 18s.

jcarl126

Ready to race!
^^ Looks great! I've been eyeing 18" Bathursts for my GTI. The 19s look great though.. is the ride noticeably rougher with the H&R springs with 19s compared to the stock 18s? Tire prices are another reason I'm leaning toward 18s.

im running 19x8.5 et 45s lowered on eibach proline kit. tires ran me $135 each for Yokohama S.Drive Ultra HP Summer tires so there are VERY reasonable options out there! Dont let the tire prices scare you!

However, ride will be slightly more.... rough, but not uncomfortable by any means.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How room between the spokes and PP calipers on those Bathurst? Their 17x9 is et50 and spokes will prb touch, wondering how much spacer they'd need to clear.