GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I had my heart set on OZ Ultraleggeras, but they're on a three-month backorder. That led me to asking my buddy who is a rep for Falken and drives an S3.

He suggested I check out Titan Wheels. Holy cow! These things are incredible. Not only are they beautiful, but at 17.8 pounds each they are over a pound lighter than the OZ wheels. 18x8.5. Forged. I just ordered a set in satin titanium (they're also available in machine black). They're about $500 more than the OZ Ultraleggeras, but for a forged wheel that's not unreasonable.

Let me know what you think. I can't wait to get these things on my car!

These look very similar to the (much cheaper but around the same weight) Fast FC04s (18x8 @18.6 lbs):

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=titanium

And the 305Forged FT101s.

https://305forgedwheels.com/collections/flow-tech-series/products/copy-of-ft101

Edit: but ya, the Titans are forged vs the above which are flow formed.

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
^ not exactly, but sort of. Too long and difficult to explain. Many many factors come into play.
Not that difficult. If overall diameter of the tire is the same, the only thing the wheel size can affect would be due to weight. The wheel size doesn't dictate tire diameter, which would change the effective gearing of the car and thus acceleration.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my heart set on OZ Ultraleggeras, but they're on a three-month backorder. That led me to asking my buddy who is a rep for Falken and drives an S3.

He suggested I check out Titan Wheels. Holy cow! These things are incredible. Not only are they beautiful, but at 17.8 pounds each they are over a pound lighter than the OZ wheels. 18x8.5. Forged. I just ordered a set in satin titanium (they're also available in machine black). They're about $500 more than the OZ Ultraleggeras, but for a forged wheel that's not unreasonable.

Let me know what you think. I can't wait to get these things on my car!

Yeah these are gonna look killer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
These look very similar to the (much cheaper but around the same weight) Fast FC04s (18x8 @18.6 lbs):

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=titanium

And the 305Forged FT101s.

https://305forgedwheels.com/collections/flow-tech-series/products/copy-of-ft101

Edit: but ya, the Titans are forged vs the above which are flow formed.

Did someone say 305Forged?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I had a feeling that was coming...

Looks sweet man...

Now stop! [emoji12]

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Not that difficult. If overall diameter of the tire is the same, the only thing the wheel size can affect would be due to weight. The wheel size doesn't dictate tire diameter, which would change the effective gearing of the car and thus acceleration.

The closer the overall wheel+tire weight is to the hub, the easier it is to spin.

I think a 225/35R19 is going to be harder to spin than a 225/45R17 due to the barrel of the wheel being further away from the hub.

But we're talking pretty small differences here.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
The closer the overall wheel+tire weight is to the hub, the easier it is to spin.

I think a 225/35R19 is going to be harder to spin than a 225/45R17 due to the barrel of the wheel being further away from the hub.

But we're talking pretty small differences here.
At that point you're talking about variations within a reasonable margin of error, if everything else is equal.

From a practical stand point, wheel and tire weight as well as correct tire diameter have the most identifiable effects. That's really all anyone here should consider IMO, or the conversation gets muddy.

If you're building a race car, race class might dictate wheel and brake size, tire widths and diameters, so things like wheel rigidity, tire construction, etc might be the only things you can work with for improvement. For everyone else, those things are much less important.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’m not selling these wheels, really. Just noticed the 17” model comes in 57.1 center bore for direct fit. Flow formed.

Fast FC04 17x8 ET45 : 16.2 lbs

Around $140 USD each

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I’m not selling these wheels, really. Just noticed the 17” model comes in 57.1 center bore for direct fit. Flow formed.

Fast FC04 17x8 ET45 : 16.2 lbs

Around $140 USD each

Where did you find it for that price?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Where did you find it for that price?

Pmctire.com (Canadian site). $180 CAD

1010tires likely same price. Also Canadian.

I understand these can be tough to source outside of Canada. But worth a look.

I believe 305Forged FT101 is the same wheel. Doesn’t seem to be a 17” offering though.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Pmctire.com (Canadian site). $180 CAD

1010tires likely same price. Also Canadian.

I understand these can be tough to source outside of Canada. But worth a look.

I believe 305Forged FT101 is the same wheel. Doesn’t seem to be a 17” offering though.
Thanks for this information. I am going to be picking up a set of Fast FC04 17x8 for my lightweight winter setup!