GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discovery Pro headunit question

320i24vv

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!

I am on the verge of purchasing a Golf 7 GTD with the Discovery Pro head-unit and would like to know if I will be able to listen to music and watch the navigation guide me on the screen (on mute of course) in the same time?
I know that I cannot watch movies while I drive so if I tick the navi option will I be left only with navi and no music? Or can it multitask?

Thank you guys!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Yes of course you can - all modern VW sat-nav units allow you to listen to CD, media or radio while using the navigation function at the same time! Would be very odd if they did not!

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
You can:

- Mute the radio/CD etc by turning the vol to zero and have the traffic volume up.

- Mute he raffic and have only music and see the map and get visual instructions.

- leave it it as default and the music gets turned down when the traffic announcements are made.

Hope this helps...

320i24vv

Passed Driver's Ed
You can:

- Mute the radio/CD etc by turning the vol to zero and have the traffic volume up.

- Mute he raffic and have only music and see the map and get visual instructions.

- leave it it as default and the music gets turned down when the traffic announcements are made.

Hope this helps...

This helps a lot! :D
Thank you kindly for confirming that.
Have a Happy New Year mates! :)

dipth

Ready to race!
Just to clarify, it doesn't mute the music when there is navigation instructions, it simply turns the volume of the music down. It behaves very elegantly.

The base volume for music and navigation instructions can be controlled separately.

Jonathan1

Hello

I have a Golf VII GTi with Discover Pro Sat Nav and it does allow you to listen to music while navigation is active. It however does a voice over when giving you an instruction (muting the music a little)