GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i just got my first rev of the Bren e-tune file to start logging. the Cobb stage 2 tune is even slower than my Bren stage 1 e-tune was.

STING

Ready to race!
i just got my first rev of the Bren e-tune file to start logging. the Cobb stage 2 tune is even slower than my Bren stage 1 e-tune was.
How are you gonna explain your youtube mod confessions to your lease company? :yikes:
Does your lease allow for these?
Or are you breaking your terms and conditions and leaving yourself open to a huge lawsuit if you have an accident??
Im not meaning to pi$$ on your parade but in the UK any mods on a lease are not possible through any ins company to my Knowledge! :(
Are they possible in the USA or am I gonna be seeing you on Judge Judy if the worst happens? :cry:
EDIT: If the lease companies allow you to mod their cars in the states then you go for it dude.
In the UK we would be hung,drawn and quartered if an accident occurred :(

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
How are you gonna explain your youtube mod confessions to your lease company? :yikes:
Does your lease allow for these?
Or are you breaking your terms and conditions and leaving yourself open to a huge lawsuit if you have an accident??
Im not meaning to pi$$ on your parade but in the UK any mods on a lease are not possible through any ins company to my Knowledge! :(
Are they possible in the USA or am I gonna be seeing you on Judge Judy if the worst happens? :cry:
EDIT: If the lease companies allow you to mod their cars in the states then you go for it dude.
In the UK we would be hung,drawn and quartered if an accident occurred :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
MAH BELL END!!!

is it "allowed"? no. neither is modifying your car's exhaust in most states, or its lights, etc.. ;)

STING

Ready to race!
:23:bin
MAH BELL END!!!

is it "allowed"? no. neither is modifying your car's exhaust in most states, or its lights, etc.. ;)
Sorry im naive to the modding laws in the USA.
In the Uk modding is legal. Most Ins companies insure your mods like for like and replace each one in the event of an accident as long as you have informed them and paid a slightly increased premium. With a lease car though most companies forbid modifications and you are leaving yourself open to a void ins policy and financial ruin if you are involved in an accident as they won't pay out! Mah bell end :yikes::p:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my rev1 (stage 2) logging is complete. (but subaru world calls it stage 1+...) I had some feedback knock of something like -2.43, and some fine learn knock of -1.41. The rev1 of this tune feels slower than my stage 1 tune. My best stage 1 virtual dyno had more power than this. I know I have many revs to go to get this better and better. It also seems like it lost some punch right off the line, which I guess could be expected when you open up the exhaust. I am excited to see what this stage 1+ tune can become, and whether or not I end up staying stage 1+ or going back to stage 1, which i loved also.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
ok.. so the stage 2 is starting to feel stronger on the 2nd day. either it is adjusting, or i had to get used to it. or both. its def louder from a stop if you step on it the same way, more raw, less refined. I preferred the stock exhaust note personally. but the power is coming along, i launched really hard into a left turn and made the traction control come on. that's never happened before. its a different feeling though, you feel even less punch down low than before.

my rev1 (stage 2) logging is complete. (but subaru world calls it stage 1+...) I had some feedback knock of something like -2.43, and some fine learn knock of -1.41. The rev1 of this tune feels slower than my stage 1 tune. My best stage 1 virtual dyno had more power than this. I know I have many revs to go to get this better and better. It also seems like it lost some punch right off the line, which I guess could be expected when you open up the exhaust. I am excited to see what this stage 1+ tune can become, and whether or not I end up staying stage 1+ or going back to stage 1, which i loved also.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Interested in seeing what the revisions can do for you.

On a seperate front... What vacuum do you have for cleaning out the car? Also, have you used a any blow dryers to dry the car?

I was thinking about picking up this little guy:
http://www.chemicalguys.com/High_Sp...edium=ConstantContact&utm_campaign=051615BACK

I have that metro blower. While nice sized it really isn't powerful enough. It takes about 4x the time as it takes for my $40-$50 Toro 235 MPH electric leaf blower.

I bought this for a garage vac and it works well as a vac.. It also blows, but there's not enough power to really dry a car with it through the 24 foot hose. It will blow water out of door gaps though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016N1NM4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I have that metro blower. While nice sized it really isn't powerful enough. It takes about 4x the time as it takes for my $40-$50 Toro 235 MPH electric leaf blower.

I bought this for a garage vac and it works well as a vac.. It also blows, but there's not enough power to really dry a car with it through the 24 foot hose. It will blow water out of door gaps though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016N1NM4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm... Maybe I should just get a toro for drying. That vacuum set up is sweet looking. Too bad it doesn't dry so well. Although reviews did say you can break up hose to be smaller so maybe that's a solution.

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Hmm... Maybe I should just a toro for drying. That vacuum set up is sweet looking. Too bad it doesn't dry so well. Although reviews did say you can break up hose to be smaller so maybe that's a solution.

Even with a shorter hose it will be awkward with the canister trailing behind.. The hose will eventually hit your paint.

I've been blow drying my cars since the early 90's and nothing has been able to beat a good high speed electric leaf blower like my current Toro.

Today I own those two metro vac products, the Toro, and this:

That one doesn't have the power of the Toro and to me is a waste. The slightly smaller size is nice though, but after using a Toro forever it doesn't bother me.