GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

NecioVato

Ready to race!
So I won't lie, I'm a couple of IPAs in before posting (shout out to Community IPA - my favorite IPA thus far if you are in the DFW area, highly recommend it)...and checking out your intro part 2 - the WRX is something I didn't consider till you got one. I really can't wait to hear more about it via your YT vids bc again, not something that was even on the radar till you got one. Is that weird but knowing that you are 'very particular' about your rides, tells me that I can expect a good/bad review overall about the ride etc.

The thing I can't wait to hear about is when (bc we know if you mod, you WILL mod this ride) is to hear about how it compares to the GTI etc. I am really looking forward to this. I had resigned myself to getting an AWD vehicle or...a Focus ST so this might fit the bill....depending on the articles and of course (if I can) the test drive vs other cars I'm considering at the time.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Pretty sure your right... I know an FSI won't fit TSI without modification to the flange holes but a TSI will fit a FSI

Not true
TSI (CCTA) downpipe is the same as the FSI

CBFA (TSI) downpipe won't fit a FSI, without modding, since the O2 sensors are in different locations....unless you're planning on welding in a bung & plugging the other

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Not true

CBFA (TSI) downpipe won't fit a FSI, without modding, since the O2 sensors are in different locations....unless you're planning on welding in a bung & plugging the other

We speak CBFA language since were both in Cali :lol:
CCTA doesn't even cross my mind lol

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Not true

touchee my friend. you are forgetting that most aftermarket downpipes these days have 3 bungs, like mine. so in that case, it is good for all engine types.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats on the Rex....gonna get caught up on the vids

So you never said, do the WRX & Forester XT have the same engine???

yes same engine. but different tuning. so, the forester has premium gas optional.. the WRX does not, it is mandatory.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my channel has basically exploded.. normally i might get 1-2 new subs a day. over the weekend, i got like 100 new subs so far.

notes... probably for my next video.

The heated seats are very good, as good as the VW.

The back of the front seats is more comfortable than i thought, very padded and soft, yet hugs me very tight. i would hate to be a wider guy in these seats though.

Instant response in reverse at my own command is very nice. The DSG would take 1-2 seconds to start rolling and then the throttle would be all iffy too. Now I control the movement precisely.

70 mph on freeway, 6th gear, 2600 rpms.

average mpg risen from 8 to 14 so far, just on (1) 10 minute freeway trip. i think it will be 25+ after a couple weeks of normal driving. they would let it idle without moving at the dealership for its first 9 miles of life, so that was ZERO mpg, skewing everything.

2nd gear is strongest so far, but i havent even thought about flooring it. 1st gear is too short to use much, it takes you to about 20mph only. 2nd gear really jumps the car ahead nicely.

shifter is a little notchy, but thats only comparing to the best shifters ever, BMW and Honda. Other than that, it shifts good. havent ever missed a gear i was trying for.

touch screen is still a tad annoying, but the stereo sounds as good as always. no doubt it is better than the GTI stereo. Far more sub and bass notes, and really clear highs too. dat 7 band EQ..

touch screen is hard to see in the sun when wearing polarized sunglasses. but the upper dash display is unaffected.

don't think the ride is any MORE bumpy than the GTI ride was, might even be a hair softer. (cuz of the 17's), but it's equal at worst, not bumpier than the GTI.

just like my 2008 BMW 135i with good tires... i drive thru my working parking lot a few times a day. never heard any pebbles in the GTI ever... today, my tires were throwing all kinds of pebbles as i went 20mph thru the parking lot.. sticky tires FTW.... reminded me of my BMW days, same thing, the tires picked up all the rocks off the parking lot.

Last edited:

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
#placpool. how long will this one last.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my usual first purchases are on the way:

wheel locks
sill plates
bumper protector