GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
i dont even want to mod it too much.. its almost perfect. just a little more power and maybe some STI springs or something.

Well you could give it some fancier tires and brakes, change up some exterior lighting and maybe de-chrome it. Plus I have a feeling the STI springs will drop it a bit. Now the other thing you would have to do is make sure its a wildly different color.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
another $325/month subaru lease sounds like the best financially safe option.. sigh. any car i really want will be $500/month..

i want my own forester.. to do springs on.. all it needs is better handling to be awesome. i wont find another car for $2000 down and $326/month anywhere that provides the same fun level as a forester turbo.

Go for it! Why not. You like it that much drive it.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
so comparing those 2 cars, the Golf R would def hold more value than the Charger..

but then i have all the same VW worries i always had.. water pumps.. bad turbos i heard?? and all the rest..

GTI has turbo issues, not the R. Different turbo.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I am battling this as well... but the new R goes 0-60 in 4.5 1/4 mile in the low low 13s and stops in under 110 feet, has a dully defeatable traction control... weighs 150lbs less than the current one.

And they still make them in germany ....

So literally I see no reason not to get one other than the fact that looks exactly the same as a Yaris and the last 2 gens.

:icon_secta:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 R? IDK, Dang, kinda crazy they're out already.

Yes!!! :p

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
anyone that got offered $21,300 for their 2013 GTI would probably take it no questions asked. For an $18,500 trade.. not so much.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i might be able to get over the VW worry if i was driving that every day..

what i hate about my GTI these days is, you have to strain it so hard to get that measely power. it is not effortless at all. It is hard to get consistent speed runs. Whereas the Forester has a feather throttle and just always performs the same.